9 members have voted

1. 1. 30fps 1080 or 60 fps 720P

• i like to play 720P 60fps
    • i like to play1080P 30 fps
    • record at 720P 60fps
    • record at 1080P 30 fps
    • consoles: 720P - 60fps locked with minor dips
    • consoles 1080P - 30 fps - locked with some dips

I hate videos in 1080p... I have 512k they take AGES to load... I know my internet is . but is what I have so I'm very away form watching FullHD videos on internet. Also i'm afraid internet one day will collapse with so much MonguerBytes flooding the lines of comunicaion.. skynet will then be alive.

So your going to record youself gaming?

Then upload to youtube i take it.

So unless your going to do some slow motion effects then 30fps it is. Because mp4 or what ever your going to convert it to, the playback is 24fps so recording any higher is a total waste.

Plus the playback on yourtube is only 24fps.

this shouldnt matter because when i record at 60 fps the fluent gameplay stays where it is at, when i have 30~ fps recordings if there IS a framedip along the way that is way more noticable then when i record at 60 fps.

henc ethe question on which resolution to record at, and yesi was planning on uploading it to youtube :P

Hopefully these new consoles (excluding Wii U) can easily do 1080p @ 60 FPS, if they can't WTF are Sony and Microsoft thinking :P

Recording wise, 720p @ 60 FPS is good enough (Go higher if you have good upload speed and storage space). If the game has you fighting enemies really far away then bump up to 1080p to make things easier to see.

Edited by AZNguyen

Hopefully these new consoles (excluding Wii U) can easily do 1080p @ 60 FPS, if they can't WTF are Sony and Microsoft thinking :P

Recording wise, 720p @ 60 FPS is good enough (Go higher if you have good upload speed and storage space). If the game has you fighting enemies really far away then bump up to 1080p to make things easier to see.

i doubt it will be 1080P 60 fps.

modern/high end pc's still struggle with that at some games let alone game sthat are 2 years ahead of its time.

All you have to do is tone down some settings and tada more frames.

id rather play game son 720P 60fps with all the settings on ultra then 1080P 30 fps with settings on medium...

What consoles(current) have games @400 pixel heights?

From Bungie website . It is not uncommon for games to render at lower resolution and upscale to desired output.

One item making the interwebs rounds this week was the scandalous revelation that Halo 3 runs at “640p” which isn’t even technically a resolution. However, the interweb detectives did notice that Halo 3’s vertical resolution, when captured from a frame buffer, is indeed 640 pixels. So what gives? Did we short change you 80 pixels?

Naturally it’s more complicated than that. In fact, you could argue we gave you 1280 pixels of vertical resolution, since Halo 3 uses not one, but two frame buffers – both of which render at 1152x640 pixels. The reason we chose this slightly unorthodox resolution and this very complex use of two buffers is simple enough to see – lighting. We wanted to preserve as much dynamic range as possible – so we use one for the high dynamic range and one for the low dynamic range values. Both are combined to create the finished on screen image.

This ability to display a full range of HDR, combined with our advanced lighting, material and postprocessing engine, gives our scenes, large and small, a compelling, convincing and ultimately “real” feeling, and at a steady and smooth frame rate, which in the end was far more important to us than the ability to display a few extra pixels. Making this decision simpler still is the fact that the 360 scales the

“almost-720p” image effortlessly all the way up to 1080p if you so desire.

In fact, if you do a comparison shot between the native 1152x640 image and the scaled 1280x720, it’s practically impossible to discern the difference. We would ignore it entirely were it not for the internet’s propensity for drama where none exists. In fact the reason we haven’t mentioned this before in weekly updates, is the simple fact that it would have distracted conversation away from more important aspects of the game, and given tinfoil hats some new gristle to chew on as they catalogued their toenail clippings.