100% cpu usage

Blackfire

recently whenever i watch a movie, my laptop shows 100% cpu usage and it stop working and the when i close the video window it again return to 5-10% usage and start acting normally . i don't know that to do since other than watching movie the only other thing lappy was doing is downloading. how can watching a movie can consume so much processing power? i have tried many player but the problem always remains. my lappy has a i3 processor 4gb ram 32 bit windows 7 professional . pls help me in this matter.

recently whenever i watch a movie, my laptop shows 100% cpu usage and it stop working and the when i close the video window it again return to 5-10% usage and start acting normally . i don't know that to do since other than watching movie the only other thing lappy was doing is downloading. how can watching a movie can consume so much processing power? i have tried many player but the problem always remains. my lappy has a i3 processor 4gb ram 32 bit windows 7 professional . pls help me in this matter.

What software are you using to watch videos with? It might be buggy. Try VLC player 2.0 to see if there is a difference.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Also make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

Memory leaking from media player or it could be badly multithreaded video player.

sorry bro i couldn't understand what you are saying?

i have tried VLC but the result is same.

i even looked in windows task manager but no single process is consuming a majority of usage or many processes which can accumulate 100% usage.

at that time

u torrent is using 20%

sidebar is using 15%

plugin container 10%

rest are using only 2,3 or 0 percent

which total to only 60-70 percent, i can't understand which process is using 30-40% of my processing power which is not showing in my task manager.

Edited by Blackfire

sorry bro i couldn't understand what you are saying?

i have tried VLC but the result is same.

i even looked in windows task manager but no single process is consuming a majority of usage or many processes which can accumulate 100% usage.

at that time

u torrent is using 20%

sidebar is using 15%

plugin container 10%

rest are using only 2,3 or 0 percent

which total to only 60-70 percent, i can't understand which process is using 30-40% of my processing power which is not showing in my task manager.

have you got your firewall up? as I've had some bad experience with torrents...

have you tried it with just the movie open...without anything else open...I know I may be stating the obvious, but just to make sure :)

could you take a screenshot of windows task manager's running applications, and processes :thumbsup:

edit: try and run Ccleaner

Edited by Il_napoletano