push/pull H100 and epic dust...

Crawlerz246

so I just took out my H100 to vacuum it and this is what I found

P1000910.jpg.

now this is only after 3.5 months of use in a push pull setup. (my grandpappy's holding the rad, and I'm snapping the pic). so me grandpappy is saying well WTF - those top fans are probably creating weird air currents seeing as how that dust is in a layer on top of the rad...maybe try to get rid of the top 2 fans? see how it goes. good thing too cuz I broke 1 fan's blade. expensive $^er. but I digress.

I disconected (did not yet remove) the top 2 fans, with only the bottom 2 pulling air thru the rad. as far as the temps go I haven't really noticed a difference to be honest. I don't right know if that's a good thing or not.

the advice I am seeking is - should I remove the 2 top fans so I'm left with a PULL setup or get a replacement fan for the one I broke and go back to the old ways?

i never have these problems, i clean my pc every month so i never get these stuff.

you should too, or dust off the envoirment more, this isn't normal lol.

I have 2 dogs. dust and hair is a daily life. I try to vacuum PC every month or so, but I haven't unscrewed the rad in 3 months cuz it's a chore. actually this is more then I get inside PC on a normal use. i suspect because the rad itself acts like a dust filter because its metal fins are so close together. like a fine (relatively) mesh.

my original question was: do I keep 4 fans in push pull or do I take the top 2 off for a pull setup? and does push/pull have anything to do with worsening of dust i.e. wierd air currents?

You really need to keep your desk clean lol2.gif

On another note, if you don't see any temperature difference, I don't see any problems with removing the push fans, although I would recommend you monitor the temps carefully in the near future smile.gif

if you don't see any temperature difference, I don't see any problems with removing the push fans

yh that's what I thought. running more conclusive test now. P95 for an hour with both setups. so far max with PULL ONLY (2 fans) is 69C. and that's with 4.01GHz.... we'll see

change the furnace filters more often and get the better ones for finer particle removal....

if that doesnt work get you a set of fat-girl nylons and simply wrap them around the case and tie a knot in the open end... LOL

taking them back off without blowing dust all over will be just like prom night all over again.... :)

if that doesnt work get you a set of fat-girl nylons and simply wrap them around the case and tie a knot in the open end... LOL

has actually crossed my mind but how would that be different then the dust collected on the rad?