TERA Online

HoLoDreaM

I just got done searching for a thread for this, but has anyone looked into TERA Online? The game is supposed to have a radical new combat style, that the developers say will work fantastically with a gamepad controller. It's less "select enemy and attack and hit buttons", it's actually like swinging a sword and aiming where you want the attack to go. I definitely think with RIFT and TERA Online coming out this year, I will have a tough time on deciding what MMO I will want to play more!

http://www.tera-online.com/

I made a thread on it awhile back, but never updated it since. http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=173062&st

My main focus right now is on Guild Wars 2, so haven't been following this one. I'll pay more attention to it if it releases before and not in the same year as GW2.

Edited by Krazyxazn

• 2 years later...

Installed it when I found out it was F2P, hopefully gonna play a little bit of it tomorrow. I'm pretty set on MMO's with Guild Wars 2 so not sure if I'll stick with it

Edited by _TheAlexO

Ok this game is really fun. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do. Combat is great, graphics are great, quests aren't anything special but still fun. I still think Guild Wars 2 > Tera , but definitely worth spending time on.

I love how it's F2P but it's not in your face trying to get you to buy things, at least not yet. I've played about ~8 hours and yet to be bored

The dungeons are fun, combat is fun, pvp is fun, but my only complaint with the game was once you get higher up, it was very repetitive. While the combat is still extremely fun, there's not much content. The lack of content on launch broke the game and now it's F2P, so I'm not expecting anything extreme to be added to the game now.

Edited by HoLoDreaM