cannot decrypt some photos - help plz

Crawlerz246

so time ago I made the mistake of "encrypting" some family photos I have with windows EFS just as it said right here. why I did that I still don't know. I have since new windows/new SSD. I need to decrypt these files to view them. nothing seems to be able to view them - says I do not have sufficient privilages. I UNcheck "encrypt" in advanced properties - it tells me I need admin privilages. obviously I am admin of my machine. so what do I do here? please help an idiot out, I really need those family photos. there are lots.

right click the files and select properties and select Security.... set the permissions as Admin and give them Full permissions and check the boxes under that for inheret and child permissions... make sure UAC is at the lowest setting first and reboot

yes I tried that (btw UAC is lowest cuz I really hate it as I'm sure everyone does). tried going into permissions changing permissions that didn't work. rebooted. no help. saw everything is read only. went to top most folder (well my docs) and unchecked read only (including subforlders and files). went inside theyre still read only. GRRRR.... getting a bit grumpy

Did you Edit the permissions or use the Advance button... the Advance button is the one you should be using....

Make sure on the Ownership tab that ownership is Admin... if not change it

yes ofc - that didn't help!