Looking for new cell phone.

SpeedCrazy

My younger brother has the Rugby III now.  He got it for Christmas last year.  He had a Rugby II before and he swore it was indestructible.  My brother works in construction and dropped his previous Rugby II off a 10ft high scaffold and other than some dings that phone still worked. He finally killed it when he dropped it into a porta-pottie.

He says that the III isn't anywhere near as rugged as the II and he would still recommend the II, but not the III.

I edited this post after I got off the phone with him to make sure I remembered the story correctly..................................

He would have purchased another II at Christmas, but couldn't find one in stock so he opted on the III.

well i hope you find one that's right for you speed,...i recently went from my old tried and true windows 7 lg quantum (passed along to the wife) to my first full on smart phone, the htc one x, that lasted me for about a week (and went to my daughter), and was replaced with a Sammy s4 galaxy...this galaxy thing has all the bells and whistles, and completely replaces the custom built truck computer that i used to take with me on the road...s4 battery life isn't the greatest and the screen isn't as big as a monitor (duh) but it pretty much does everything i can do on any machine at home...

My younger brother has the Rugby III now.  He got it for Christmas last year.  He had a Rugby II before and he swore it was indestructible.  My brother works in construction and dropped his previous Rugby II off a 10ft high scaffold and other than some dings that phone still worked. He finally killed it when he dropped it into a porta-pottie.

He says that the III isn't anywhere near as rugged as the II and he would still recommend the II, but not the III.

I edited this post after I got off the phone with him to make sure I remembered the story correctly..................................

He would have purchased another II at Christmas, but couldn't find one in stock so he opted on the III.

Haha, those porta-potties can mess some stuff up. We fished an handgun (don't ask) out of one at the farm after a week... that sucker was eaten to pieces platic all corroded and the bluing was gone and rust everywhere.

Sounds like the tought phone i need, now to see if i can find one in stock.

well i hope you find one that's right for you speed,...i recently went from my old tried and true windows 7 lg quantum (passed along to the wife) to my first full on smart phone, the htc one x, that lasted me for about a week (and went to my daughter), and was replaced with a Sammy s4 galaxy...this galaxy thing has all the bells and whistles, and completely replaces the custom built truck computer that i used to take with me on the road...s4 battery life isn't the greatest and the screen isn't as big as a monitor (duh) but it pretty much does everything i can do on any machine at home...

Thanks man, as much as i would like to have a toy like that, it just doesn't fit what i need it to do. I can see it being awesome for you on the road, but on the farm it wouldn't last long.