News: One-terabyte Drives Coming Soon

sdy284

I'm definitely going to get one once they drop. The main reason is that I've been conserving all this space on my hard drives because I keep burning my HUGE movie collection and I've had to stop doing it because I don't have any more space.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the other upside: you can get the Seagate 750GB drive right now for $329 at ZZF. If Hitachi makes good on their claim of a MSRP of $399 on a 1TB drive, just think what the prices on the current 500GB and 750GB are going to do.

I shudder to think what the rebuild time on a 1TB drive in a RAID 1/5 array would be though. :unsure:

Since I have been recording movies off digital tv, and backing up my DVDs space runs short quick, I had to share some space on other machines for awhile until I could get some DVDs burned. So yea they will come in handy

seriously, who needs these drives, except servers?

Me. I could use 50 of em.

i don't even process uncompressed video half-seriously, and that's not all what's on my harddrives, i've got 1020GB on my main rig and i've had to burn some stuff to dvd to make space just recently... when you consider harddrives use roughly the same amount of power regardless of capacity, 2x1TB could make more sense than 8x250GB purely for power reasons, nevermind the need for a card controller

i used to do alot of videowork and i had 2x320Gb hdds that where just scratch storage and they where not NEARLY big enough for what i wanted to do.

on the flip side i also burn 100+ dvds a month at a minimum, sometimes upwards of 300 a month depends how bussy i was.

250Gb drive for C:/ and my samples has about 25 gigs free

250Gb for static backups has 1.14Mb free

2x320Gb for temporary storage, i fill these up then clean them off onto dvd's

So a few 1Tb drives would be awsome to have - maybe ill drop a hint at Seagate down at CES and see what ic an do ;)

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=64541

Out the the 91 people that took the poll on OCC, 15 people have over 1TB of HDD space, thats 15%

So I'd say that a lot of people would be interested in these drives.

The Grammer Police has a double word. I could use 2 of them right now.

Edited by road-runner