Corsair Accelerator 30GB & 60GB Review

The best thing I like is their price.

One thing I should say is the ht e only con listed in the review (i.e. Drives over 2TB not supported ) isn't that much important for the following reasons:

• Very few people uses >2TB HDD
  • >2TB HDDs are not radially available in the market.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

It would be a dumb idea to use those as cache drive when your boot drive is already a SSD correct?

Definitely.

This seems like a decent alternative to using Intel SRT if you're on an AMD platform or an older Intel platform.

Why would this as a cache drive be a bad idea if main drive is an ssd?

Because it just adds an extra layer...it'll just slow things down.

Yeah, if it's an SSD....it's not going to get faster with an SSD lol, unless the other "cache drive" was a faster, larger, and newer generation and the "OS Drive" was disconnected entirely :lol:

It would be a dumb idea to use those as cache drive when your boot drive is already a SSD correct?

Yes you will see no benefit .

Definitely.

This seems like a decent alternative to using Intel SRT if you're on an AMD platform or an older Intel platform.

Its better in so many ways. No RAID ARRAY to set up is the biggest one I can think of

You get no benefit trying to cache a SATA 6Gbp/s SSD because these drives are slower.

Why would this as a cache drive be a bad idea if main drive is an ssd?

For the very first time I'm listening to this type of concept. :down:

Say if you are using Vertex4, and how do you expect the speed of these accelerator SSDs to be same or greater than those?

For the very first time I'm listening to this type of concept. :down:

Say if you are using Vertex4, and how do you expect the speed of these accelerator SSDs to be same or greater than those?

You get no benefit trying to cache a SATA 6Gbp/s SSD because these drives are slower.

It was already covered...

Its better in so many ways. No RAID ARRAY to set up is the biggest one I can think of

Other than the somewhat more simple setup - would you say it feels about the same as using Intel SRT? I love that the Intel driver automatically uses massive amounts of RAM if I'm already not using it (it seems to do better than Windows 7 in this aspect). Are there any tunables for the Corsair software to mess with?