Top Gear

ekiM

Season 18 has officially begun airing, and what a beginning! The whole episode didn't feel scripted, the guest wasn't boring, the Aventador was beautiful, and at the end my hair was standing on end. A great start and hopefully the series continues on this high note.

670x377Image.jpg?p=120127_11:32

What the hell was up with that Italian tow truck driver?

Season 18 has officially begun airing, and what a beginning! The whole episode didn't feel scripted, the guest wasn't boring, the Aventador was beautiful, and at the end my hair was standing on end. A great start and hopefully the series continues on this high note.

670x377Image.jpg?p=120127_11:32

What the hell was up with that Italian tow truck driver?

I hate that they don't air them right away on BBC America... Guess I will have to wait o.o

I really don't get why we're always behind the UK, BBC America would get so many more viewers if they aired them sooner.

I understand there are differences and certain things have to be cut (some episodes removed/cut entirely) for American audiences but I could see maybe being a month behind.

Also I just realized last week that the show "An Idiot Abroad' has already aired the 2nd season in the UK, we're leftovers on that show too.

So for fans of that show and Top Gear, you can find it all online months and months and months in advance.

I absolutley love top gear. I actually have two other friends and we pretty much make up the US version of James, Hammond, and Jeremy. The only thing is, instead of cars, we do explosives :evilgrin: . Every time I watch the show the cars always remind me of the arguments and challenges me and my friends have with each other to make the biggest explosive possible (without killing ourselves). I think by far my most favorite episode was when they tried to find the worlds best road to drive on.......spoiler alert: they found it :biggrin:

You know, it does suck that we are so far behind england, but honestly I would rather be twice as far behind than to have American top gear even air at all. Seriously. Ancient Aliens ranks as highly as it does, because it is something to wash away the terrible memory of an American top gear episode. If I recall correctly, the first car they did was the dodge viper v10. :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: . What a POS to start off with. Have some class and do a Ferrari please. The other thing that ticks me off is they stole the Stig. Their Stig is not THE stig, it is a stig. GAHHHHHHH it pisses me off to no end. The American version needs to die, and the UK version needs to live forever.

I really don't get why we're always behind the UK, BBC America would get so many more viewers if they aired them sooner.

I understand there are differences and certain things have to be cut (some episodes removed/cut entirely) for American audiences but I could see maybe being a month behind.

Also I just realized last week that the show "An Idiot Abroad' has already aired the 2nd season in the UK, we're leftovers on that show too.

So for fans of that show and Top Gear, you can find it all online months and months and months in advance.

This is what I don't get, supposedly the UK has stricter regulations on what is broadcasted. Why the hell can't they show it unedited here? It makes no sense at all... I could understand if it was syndicated to another network, but BBC has an American network.... Its annoying....

Hell back in the Day, I used to be able to get Stargate from the UK weeks in advance of the US broadcasting... Its stupid sometimes...

Also, I refuse to recognize the History Channel's version as Top Gear it is not.... There is only one Top Gear in my mind.

Edited by greengiant912

Rarely is a show in the US granted more than one hour of run time with commercials included. BBC's Top Gear runs approximately one hour without commercials. It's not uncommon for BBC shows to run at odd time slots as compared to other broadcasters'. Some shows might have a 1:35 (hours:minutes) or 0:45 time slot, or some other odd time. If there are no shows short enough to fit in the time slot before the next hour it's usually filled up with a couple brief news segments and commercials. That's what I've noticed anyhow. I've never seen anything from US broadcasters that funky.

Edited by nVidia_Freak

welcome to our world for everything US. US shows like 24 take months and months to get over here. Films are often released way in adanvce your side of the pond too. Nice to see we do get some things first :P

But seriously, I just wish they would release stuff world wide same time. It would cut down on piracy so much too! I know it would make me stop downloading episodes of TV shows I want if I knew I could just watch/record em of air.

I agree, though I felt a little pang seeing an e30 dropped on its roof. :-/

Oh me too :-/ Also think I saw them smash up an XF and a brand new Focus... then launch the facus off some kind of thing... could be interesting whats going on there!