Can you laugh hard enough?

SpeedCrazy

As long as my species remains the smartest and on top of the food chain I intend to dominate the animals that are under me.

I believe that animals are entitled to fair treatment, but the same rights as a human.... absolutely not. Those whales have it made (and yes I know its a orca) for the work that they do they receive food, shelter, healthcare, and protection. No predators to be concerned with, no disease, the pool that they are in is constantly controlled to make for the best possible enviorment and if I might add for most all marine mammals they have a much greater life span.... some living as long as a natural living human being. They are only isolated from the wild... everything else is given to them after there work is finish..... what is so freaking wrong with that, sounds a little like the life us real people lead. Look at Atlantis. They have over 50 dolphins and they are well cared for and treated like kings. IAnd plus here is your favorite part tjj. Atlantis has a STRICT policy on behavior reinforcement. They do not reinforce or react to bad behaviour.... just the submissive way you like.

Now. Someone give me one excuse as to how in gods name these animals deserve more then they are getting... And don't anyone mention releasing them into the wild... I know what happened to keiko shortly after he was released...

You guys are blowing this thing WAY out of proportion and you really have no clue as to what this is all about.

First off let me explain things. No. Animals are not property, and what a ignorant and arrogant thing to say. Tell that to a great white shark to its big smiling face and it will give you a real good idea of how wrong that idea is.

Eating animals is part of human nature and I will not argue that. @ Coors: we are omnivores, not carnivores. However, whales are being over hunted. If you can't figure out that whaling at this point with a whale population so low is a bad thing then I do not know what to tell you. Maybe in 100 years when the whale population doubles you can have free reign over hunting whales but for the moment is it just a really stupid choice.

Let me put this in perspective since blue panda wants facts. Lets use the example of the blue whale. Have you ever noticed how there are small fish on them? It is called a symbiotic relationship. The little fish eat the crap of the wale. Then big fish eat the small fish. It is a cycle ;) . Kill off the whales and you don't have small fish. Which means you don't have big fish. which means there is no big fish on your plate. Another thing is that the blue whale keeps the population of krill in check. Krill are tiny shrimp that breathe the oxygen in the water. If you have an explosion in krill population then they breath up all the oxygen in the water which leads to low oxygen in the water which leads to even more dead fish.

Basically we need the whales. The more you eat, the less fish you will have. Just eat more fish. At the moment we have plenty of those suckers. Or deer, keep them the heck off the road. Rabbits reproduce quickly. Just eat things that are wise to eat, that is all I am saying. In fact this is where I and PETA differ. They want to stop whaling because it makes the whales sad, I say we need to stop it before the whales are gone.

PETA is giving animals right in order for PETA to get their way. Let me make this perfectly clear. THEY ARE EXPLOITING LEGAL LOOP HOLES, NOT GIVING DOLPHINS AND WHALES THE RIGHT TO VOTE!!!!!!! :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: . Some of you are acting like they are going to allow killer whales to buy guns and munitions under the second amendment and give dolphins the right to minimum wage herring. PETA is not even trying to do that. I am sure there are people withing PETA who do want that, but that is not the goal. No where in this article did I ever once read that PETA was ever going to give sea life the protection of the bill of rights. I don't know why any one is blaming PETA for being crazy for something they did not do and don't have the intention of doing. There intentions are get animals out of captivity by any means necessary. If that means they have to come up with some BS about being self aware (of which every animal on the planet is (e.g. every animal can feel pain and avoid situations that cause it pain)) just to turn around and sue sea world for being inhumane then they will.

All this is is a group of people who are manipulating the system. That is it. Politicians do it, teachers do it, military leaders do it, heck even you yourself might do it. The only difference is how extravagant we can make the process. If I were to use the video of the father from north Carolina since I believe we have all seen it at this point. (THIS IS A FICTIONAL EXAMPLE, but hopefully it will shed some light for the PETA haters) If my goal was to see him punished by any means necessary, I could take him to court. I could make the legal claim that the father was suppressing the constitutional right to freedom of speech and therefor is sentenced to 90 days of community service (I am making this up so don't pick this apart), or I can say something as outlandish as well somewhere in the code of the operating system there is bound to be a cluster of data that emerged spontaneously which means that that could symbolize the presence of a soul, and by shooting it, he murdered a soul so he is sentenced to life in prison. Now both of these are far fetched, but I am sure you think one sounds a lot crazier than the other.

The only reason anyone has a problem with PETA is that this whole suing Seaworld thing sounds just as crazy as choice B from above doesn't it? Giving animals human rights seems a little bizarre. However, making as crazy of a claim as they have does two things. One it could actually result in Seaworld having to release their whales and dolphins which is what they want so they achieved their main goal, and two it makes for a great media story. Just by us talking about this PETA is getting attention which is what they want. In this sort of sense even if PETA loses the court case, they win the spoils of media attention. That is why they aren't crazy, because no matter what happens, they still win.

Lastly, here is the main reason PETA wants what they want to begin with.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b3/Cetacea_range_map_Striped_Dolphin.PNG

This is the "tank" the stripped dolphin is born into. They do nice things from time to time. They save divers from sharks, and they even carry humans back to shore when they are in distress. They do incredible things for members of our race and we repay them by stealing them from their habitat and putting them in tanks to perform tricks day in and day out for a cruel and backwards race :wave: .

http://earthhopenetwork.net/whale_killer.jpg

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/on-deadline/2010/02/25/orcasx-large.jpg

See the difference? There is something to be said for what PETA is trying to do.

P.S. @ Coors: No. PETA is trying to fight FOR a creature and get nothing out of it and the Westboro Baptist church is fighting AGAINST a group of creatures for self gain. However, I would not call the Westboro Basptist church crazy. I would however call them a long line of words that would be blocked out. They are smart about how thy get money, but they are total pricks.

While I am cool with people classifying Dolphins and Whales as non human people (sounds odd...) I am not ok with PETA being involved in anyway.

Those .ing nutjobs are truly insane. I have nothing against treating animals with kindness (I like animals :D ) I just know that PETA has pulled some pretty messed up crap over the years.

As for slavery and that . I believe there is something to it, I mean I feel bad for people that make their dogs perform for treats, let alone a animal with a brain almost four times larger than my own. I know brain size doesn't really mean much but it is a huge complex brain so there has to be something going on.

Animals do feel fear, compassion, and happiness, and should be treated well. Furthermore if you are going to kill something you better do it clean, and you better do it for food.

That being said,

Toss me the speech center of the brain! Omm nom nom.

As long as my species remains the smartest and on top of the food chain I intend to dominate the animals that are under me.

I believe that animals are entitled to fair treatment, but the same rights as a human.... absolutely not. Those whales have it made (and yes I know its a orca) for the work that they do they receive food, shelter, healthcare, and protection. No predators to be concerned with, no disease, the pool that they are in is constantly controlled to make for the best possible enviorment and if I might add for most all marine mammals they have a much greater life span.... some living as long as a natural living human being. They are only isolated from the wild... everything else is given to them after there work is finish..... what is so freaking wrong with that, sounds a little like the life us real people lead. Look at Atlantis. They have over 50 dolphins and they are well cared for and treated like kings. IAnd plus here is your favorite part tjj. Atlantis has a STRICT policy on behavior reinforcement. They do not reinforce or react to bad behaviour.... just the submissive way you like.

Now. Someone give me one excuse as to how in gods name these animals deserve more then they are getting... And don't anyone mention releasing them into the wild... I know what happened to keiko shortly after he was released...

Those whales do not have it made.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/changetheworld/2010/02/a-tragic-reminder-of-why-killer-whales-should-not-live-at-marine-parks.html

Orcas life span is reduce by 30 years from the same thing you claim habitats protect it from. What dolphin or whale has EVER lived to human age in captivity? The average life span of any marine mammal which is able to be domesticated is 40 years. Ten years is the average reduction of life expectancy when brought into captivity. Now, it western culture the average life expectancy of a human is 80, so I seriously don't know what allows you to say that. (beluga whales life span is 30 to 50 in the wild, according to wikipedia and it wonderful foot note sources. while in captivity it can be reduced by up to 14 years (though most conservative reports say 8) ).

"Killer whales are regarded as apex predators, lacking natural predators". We are the only artificial predator. Even at that you can't even hunt killer whales any more....legally. Same thing with dolphins.

"Natural threats

Except for humans (discussed below), dolphins have few natural enemies. Some species or specific populations have none, making them apex predators. For most of the smaller species of dolphins, only a few of the larger sharks, such as the bull shark, dusky shark, tiger shark and great white shark are a potential risk, especially for calves. Some of the larger dolphinic species, especially orcas (killer whales), may also prey on smaller dolphins, but this seems rare. Dolphins also suffer from a wide variety of diseases and parasites."

The only other animal scientists know of that could possibly eat either of these animals is the Giant squid, and that hasn't even gone past the theory stage yet. So that argument is bunk.

As for Atlantis I really don't know. I am sure dolphins are treated well there. Quite frankly I never know what the heck goes on at that resort. The commercials make it look like a great place. From what I understand Atlantis is the marine equivalent of the wild animal park in San Diego. Other then that though, I know very little about that argument and will give you that point simply because I am not going to pretend I know anything about how they treat their animals. :dunno: I am not necessarily going to believe that they follow their own rules because I know seaworld has had "strict rules" in the past that they disobeyed, so it could be happening here as well behind our backs, but I will give you the point simply because I don't ever think we will know for sure.

As for the food thing, here is something to consider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNnx_X5ue2c&feature=related

Orca in the wild does a trick and gets a seal.

Orca in captivity does a hilarious trick and gets a fish................ I think there is a problem with the ratio of food for that to be a real argument.

Lastly animals deserve more than they are getting because they shouldn't be getting anything at all. We are taking animals from the wild which spans thousands upon thousands of square miles (cubic miles for marine life) of area and putting them in cages, pins, and tanks. Last time I checked we were never given that right.

Carnivores/omnivores eat other animals.

@ Coors: we are omnivores, not carnivores.

:doh:

P.S. @ Coors: However, I would not call the Westboro Basptist church crazy.

Have you seen my baseball?