So yeah... this is basically how I view my dream WC setup.

Andrewr05

hard lined loop looks awesome and much sophisticated and tidier imo.

such a challenging work to do. need precise measurements/bends with the pipes.

i wonder how much pipes/fittings would be wasted if i make the attempt...or everything ends up at trash :lol:

Fittings would be fine they can be reused and in reality copper tubing ain't too expensive and you can get couple meter coils from the local hardware store.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another wild idea (if stupidly wealthy) woild be to replace my box spring with an identically sized copper slate that the water would pass through and give off its heat to...while it automatically heated my bed lol.

I've seen build logs of people (as they're building their house) laying ~30ft of copper piping under their foundation and then pouring concrete over it.

Another wild idea (if stupidly wealthy) woild be to replace my box spring with an identically sized copper slate that the water would pass through and give off its heat to...while it automatically heated my bed lol.

I've seen build logs of people (as they're building their house) laying ~30ft of copper piping under their foundation and then pouring concrete over it.
Awesome, a furthered version of that if even more rich would be to run veins of hollowed copper throughout the house's vent ducting and then have the cooling water cycle throughout the network and dissipate all of the heat (put the main focus of the piping in the cool basement or even underground)

Awesome, a furthered version of that if even more rich would be to run veins of hollowed copper throughout the house's vent ducting and then have the cooling water cycle throughout the network and dissipate all of the heat (put the main focus of the piping in the cool basement or even underground)

That would be awesome, though you then run into the issue of water pressure having so much line and then when its really hot out you're heating your ducting and potentially reducing the effectiveness of your air conditioner.

That would be awesome, though you then run into the issue of water pressure having so much line and then when its really hot out you're heating your ducting and potentially reducing the effectiveness of your air conditioner.

Yeah, it might be better if the piping was just buried underground for a geothermal cooling system

• 1 month later...

Yeah, it might be better if the piping was just buried underground for a geothermal cooling system

Figured I'd post up a link to one of the thread i read awhile back.

LINK

LINK

I just got an E-boner, I'd seriously love to have that made for my house!

Though I'd probably still not be satisfied...for I'd get on a warpath attaching any appliance that generates heat as a byproduct of its function and have it routed to my water heating lol

Since almost everyone is a coffee savage (I'm oddly not, at all), I always thought of designing a coffee machine that used the heat generated by a house's refrigerator to keep the coffee water super hot and ready (with a closeable thermostat of course, so it doesn't just boil out the water). I got this idea watching the coffee machine at my job sit right next to the ice maker and thought...why the hell isn't all that refrigeration heat NOT heating the coffee?!

Edited by IVIYTH0S

LINK

I just got an E-boner, I'd seriously love to have that made for my house!

Though I'd probably still not be satisfied...for I'd get on a warpath attaching any appliance that generates heat as a byproduct of its function and have it routed to my water heating lol

Since almost everyone is a coffee savage (I'm oddly not, at all), I always thought of designing a coffee machine that used the heat generated by a house's refrigerator to keep the coffee water super hot and ready (with a closeable thermostat of course, so it doesn't just boil out the water). I got this idea watching the coffee machine at my job sit right next to the ice maker and thought...why the hell isn't all that refrigeration heat NOT heating the coffee?!

It wouldn't work to actually brew coffee (temperature needs to be about 192 degrees, I'm not sure if it gets that hot?) but it would make sense to use its waste heat for something though.

that's definitely badass too. Edited by Andrewr05