Thermaltake Level 10 Mouse Reviewed

Bosco

The comfort issue might not be such a problem for "finger mouse" people like myself, My palm doesn't ever touch the mouse at all, the base of my wrist sits on the mousepad while my fingers do all the mouse moving.

As soon as I grip a mouse it's just automatic, no matter how big, small, ergonomic or how it's actually designed for your hand. I immediately hold the mouse at a slight angle with my fingers in a weird claw like grip, my palm and everything that isn't my fingertips hovers over the mouse.

Great review Amanda  :thx:  ... I would've incorporated the thumb button to the chassis in a more discreet way, that would maybe solve the accidental hits. Other than that I have a RAT7 and it's pretty angular but very comfortable as far as my hand is concerned... comes down to personal preference I guess. Still, I have to make a trip to one of the stores here and play with this one for a bit.

Other than the comfort issue Panda said she had with the mouse which is apparent with a mouse like these. I actually like the features of the mouse and others like it but the whole comfort thing should be top priority for a gaming mouse as it gets kinda hard to aim if you have to constantly remove your hand from the mouse to rub or stretch it out because your mouse is killin your aiming hand.

Out of these high functionality mice, the G9x looks the most comfortable though with the least functionality followed by the Corsair M60, Thermaltake Level 10 looks the most uncomfortable followed by the Microsoft Sidewinder from what I can see. I have never owned any of those 4 mice but if I had to choose which one to buy, it would be either the Logitech G9x or Corsair M60 as they look like they were made for human hands and not Johnny 5's hands, like the TT and MS mice.

I can't comment on the Logitech as I never had the opportunity to test it but I did test the M60 which I inherited thereafter. It was a very competent & fairly comfortable mouse. The only problem I encountered was that the textured side grips wore out in no time flat hence it was retired to my vast collection of mice.

The comfort issue might not be such a problem for "finger mouse" people like myself, My palm doesn't ever touch the mouse at all, the base of my wrist sits on the mousepad while my fingers do all the mouse moving.

As soon as I grip a mouse it's just automatic, no matter how big, small, ergonomic or how it's actually designed for your hand. I immediately hold the mouse at a slight angle with my fingers in a weird claw like grip, my palm and everything that isn't my fingertips hovers over the mouse.

Our testing here has found this to be the case. When we gave the mouse to a finger tip gripper he feel in love with the feel immediately, however our palmers all hated it. Also speaking with Shannon at Thermaltake we were able to confirm that this was known by Thermaltake as well, they are aware the design is finger tip 'ccentric.

Well, it would be nice if us heavy handed palm mongers would get some attention with these high end mice. All I'm sayin.

Actually we have a lot of quality mice. The Sensei is my current mouse of choice, fits my palm grip really well. The Logitech G9 also has a great palmer feel to it. However I can tell you I mentioned this fact to Shannon, that I would love to see a Level 10 with a palmer friendly design.He smiled and said, you never know......