quick question for laptop hd

Pteroduck

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why reinvent the wheel? I use Windows Backup. :lol:

You recommend that as highly as acronis?
It hasn't failed me yet.
Can you use it from a bootable environment?? I love how small Acronis can compress the images and that my Hirens Boot CD has Acronis on it.
Yup.

Why reinvent the wheel? I use Windows Backup. :lol:

You recommend that as highly as acronis?
It hasn't failed me yet.
Can you use it from a bootable environment?? I love how small Acronis can compress the images and that my Hirens Boot CD has Acronis on it.

Yup.

Do you have you make the drive into a special windows only boot enivronment??

I like Hirens because of the wide array of tools it includes (and linux for serious work), I'm guessing the windows backup live USB/CD would only be for that and maybe a few low powered system maintainence tools

I use Windows backup to make the system images then you can restore from the via a Windows boot disk/USB key.

Oh, my flash drive has two images stored onto it. A Win7 install image and the Hirens one (and I just run acronis to swap them for me from the hirens mini xp...though I need another windows and acronis to switch back to hirens mode). If I ran the win 7 install boot, I guess one of the sub options (recovery options?) would be where the windows backup program is??

well this is stupid, i went to back it up again today and now it wont detect my hard drive that i put my back up in.
Last time i put it into the exact same drive in the exact same position but now it wont let me for some odd reason, i cant even see the option

well this is stupid, i went to back it up again today and now it wont detect my hard drive that i put my back up in.

Last time i put it into the exact same drive in the exact same position but now it wont let me for some odd reason, i cant even see the option

Does it show up at the bios?

You guys should stop quoting the last post  specially in those cases of mulch-quoting. :D

If only the new quoting system didn't suck :(

Click the little light switch at the top of the editor, it will convert the post to plain text and you can remove some of the multi quotes if you're careful and keep track of each one's beginning and end.