8350, 2500k, or 3570k

Without a question, the i5 3570K is the best for gaming. If you fancy overclocking, a 2500K, when overclocked, is just below the 3570K in terms of performance, however you should expect to invest in watercooling (H80/H80i/H100/H100i) if you wish to overclock to this level.

The AMD FX-line generally lags behind Intel in terms of gaming performance and uses more energy, so I would certainly recommend going down the Intel route if you can.

Edited by EuroFight

Without a question, the i5 3570K is the best for gaming.

a certain test shows otherwise :3

just go with what you need really,

im a leaned towards the intel side because of emulation.

it needs strong clock for clock speeds and amd cant give me that compared to intel

the price difference between the three is negligible

I would pick the 3570K, unless you're going for over 4.8MHz overclocks on non-custom watercooling (like high-end air coolers and All-in-One Liquid cooling units), then I'd get a 2500K. A 2500K at 5.0GHz is equivalent to a 3570K at 4.8GHz. However, a good overclocking 2500K with a good motherboard has been known to get up to 5.2GHz pretty stable with voltages under 1.5V's and reasonable temps depending on the cooling solution.

While not a factor, yet, the 3570K does support PCIE3.0, which may help for gaming in the future if you ever decide to get the highest-end card in 2-3 years.

it needs strong clock for clock speeds and amd cant give me that compared to intel

Although the FX-8350 does provide decent performance in certain games in certain conditions, generally, the 3570K provides the best performance to power usage ratio.

Unless someone else pays the electricity bill, I would go for the 77W TDP over the 125W TDP, especially considering the price difference is negligible. 

All things considered, I don't like how he's using a mini-ITX rig to test the 3570K, and only at 4.5GHz. That thing should get to 4.8GHz with a H100 (and even H80) on a good standard ATX board of similar quality as the AMD board. Not to mention that all other reviews from tech sites had not-so-favorable reviews of the 8350, even gaming-wise. Look at the minimum FPS and also heavy Physics related CPU utilization, which should matter most in comparing different CPU's in games.

Not to mention power consumption, particularly when overclocked, Sandy Bridge / Ivy Bridge just win hands down in that regard.

All things considered, I don't like how he's using a mini-ITX rig to test the 3570K, and only at 4.5GHz. That thing should get to 4.8GHz with a H100 (and even H80) on a good standard ATX board of similar quality as the AMD board. Not to mention that all other reviews from tech sites had not-so-favorable reviews of the 8350, even gaming-wise. Look at the minimum FPS and also heavy Physics related CPU utilization, which should matter most in comparing different CPU's in games.

Not to mention power consumption, particularly when overclocked, Sandy Bridge / Ivy Bridge just win hands down in that regard.

hey dont go attack me, i only said that a certain video states otherwise, its not that i agree with the guy xD

hey dont go attack me, i only said that a certain video states otherwise, its not that i agree with the guy xD

I'm not attacking! :P