Our Logitech G15 (New Updated) Keyboard is Posted

Nemo

The orange backlight is nice. I like it more than the blue as well. I also like the smaller form factor due to less custom keys. I was always amazed at these keyboards that boast so many macro keys anyways. I mean I can barely remember what I had for breakfast this morning, and now I'm supposed to memorize 16 macro keys just by the names G1-G16? Not likely :P

I also agree on your point about price. It's a nice keyboard, but that's just too much money IMO.

I definitely like the smaller size and the orange backlite. My old keyboard had a blue backlite and to have orange would be a nice change of pace. Ive got to agree on the macro keys as well. 6 is more than enough for me. I made use of the macro keys on my saitek keyboard maybe once or twice. There were also 18 at my disposal and I would never have needed that many.

I can see this keyboard being a step forward as long as the stationary LCD didnt bother them.... but like you and Verran said its definitely not something I would be willing to spend the money on. Ill stick with my model m.

Oooo, smaller. Now it has me interested. I thought it was a bit too large for my desk before, but this looks far better. :)

edit: Ok, that was before I saw the price...ouch

Edited by j2t

I just got a Logitech DiNovo Edge for my HTPC and I'll agree, the orange backlight is MUCH better than the blue one I had on my Saitek. It's definitely easier on the eyes and I can actually see what I'm doing in the dark.

Well i like having the LCD screen that will pivet and i like the blue light personally. I have no trouble with typing on it so idk what you're saying LivingGhost. I do not like the new board. To me the only good thing about it is the size decrease and even though i will never use all 18 of my macro keys i still like having them at my disposal. As for the price.... it's the same as the first G15.. what's the problem? I bought my G15 for $80 a year after it came out. I'll stick with my older version.

How are the keys for typing? My old-style G15 is absolutely disgusting for typing.

If you read the review, it says that the typing is exactly the same as the first G15

I like the idea of the G15/G11, but I can never see myself paying that much for a keyboard. Heck, the only reason I'm not using my ancient, yellowing Intellimouse Optical is because I found an MX-518 for $25. I think I'll stick with the $12 Logitech keyboard I bought two years ago. :)

The review didnt mention any keylock issues with the board. How does it handle multiple keys being pressed at the same time? This is the only thing that really concerns me when buying a keyboard but reviews always seem to overlook it...

I think I'll stick with the $12 Logitech keyboard I bought two years ago. :)
Cheapo keyboards FTW :P I have a currently three year old SiliconGraphics (Silitek) crap keyboard, it's loud as hell, but I don't have an inclination to change it yet... The keys are so smooted out through my typing lol, the space bar is totally smooth only at the point where I usually whack it ... perfekt ;)