Getting Users Back

gebraset

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a quick question since you posted that runner. Can we put two different things in the slots category in V7 and it take both into account? I want to do bigadv, but also a small packet size. It seems to me like both would conflict but would they be able to be used at the same time on the same slot?

Have a quick question since you posted that runner. Can we put two different things in the slots category in V7 and it take both into account? I want to do bigadv, but also a small packet size. It seems to me like both would conflict but would they be able to be used at the same time on the same slot?

I have no idea, I got it working on my main rig awhile back and havent messed with it, all my others are running Ubuntu...

http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=19795

And a section on adding flags...

http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=18187

Yeah, I'm running the V7 beta on my main rig and a secondary one back at home. I was just wondering if two values would conflict with each other. I guess I'll keep one with the bigadv, and one with the small packet size, lol.

Thanks though, let me know if you end up figuring it out. I probably won't look into it anymore. :P

Yeah, I'm running the V7 beta on my main rig and a secondary one back at home. I was just wondering if two values would conflict with each other. I guess I'll keep one with the bigadv, and one with the small packet size, lol.

Thanks though, let me know if you end up figuring it out. I probably won't look into it anymore. :P

If I remember correctly you have to choose big size with bigadv or you wont get bigadv but that was there previous client 6. whatever it was...

Hmmm, interesting. Alright though, I guess one systems will have to get those big files. How many points are they generally? I'm folding on this machine with a Core i5 2320. Can't say it's the fastest at folding, but decent. Just don't want it taking more than 24 or 36 hours for one.

Also, is there anyway to check and see if the client is actually pulling bigadv WUs down? I checked the log but cannot seem to find anything relevant to this.

Edited by gebraset

Hmmm, interesting. Alright though, I guess one systems will have to get those big files. How many points are they generally? I'm folding on this machine with a Core i5 2320. Can't say it's the fastest at folding, but decent. Just don't want it taking more than 24 or 36 hours for one.

Also, is there anyway to check and see if the client is actually pulling bigadv WUs down? I checked the log but cannot seem to find anything relevant to this.

Well you not going to get bigadv with an i5, you got to have 8 cores and in a few more days (jan) 16 cores will be required so bigadv is history unless you got 16 cores or more or hack something to fool the servers and even then they are shortening the deadline to stop people from doing that.... No one has hardly gotten any bigadv units in the last month including me, guess they getting the servers primed up for the change...

Well you not going to get bigadv with an i5, you got to have 8 cores and in a few more days (jan) 16 cores will be required so bigadv is history unless you got 16 cores or more or hack something to fool the servers and even then they are shortening the deadline to stop people from doing that.... No one has hardly gotten any bigadv units in the last month including me, guess they getting the servers primed up for the change...

Man that really sucks, lol. I was hoping to get some more points off this system, just does not seem to be cranking them out like I had hoped. But nevertheless, I guess I'll go back to tweaking some settings and such.

• 3 weeks later...

Wish we could make a big push and go up a few ranks, maybe when Dave gets through with CES and all the Christmas contest shipping and has time we can have some sort of folding contest to push us up a little and attract new folders...