Windows 8 no wifi

Onion

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you installed chipset/NIC/ethernet drivers?

Yep.

Have you contacted the school's IT department?

Nope, they're closed now, and they're all condescending assholes.

Nope, they're closed now, and they're all condescending assholes.

Hey how much do you think your job satisfaction would plummet with endless calls of "Try turning it off and on again", "There are instructions on how to set up Outlook on the internet" and "I'm sorry but if you've pressed the delete button there's not much I can do" :lol:

Anyway I think your best bet would be to just go back to W7 temporarily until you get it sorted out cheers.gif

backpain-1292835351.jpg

I FIXED IT! AWW YEAH!!!!!!

Did a Windows 8 system restore. Fixed itself. No idea why it was broken in the first place. Didn't even need to install drivers or anything this time. -.-

Thanks for the help, everyone. I love you all. ;):P

Edited by l33t p1mp

You did make sure the wireless was working on something else as well right? It might have just been an issue with the wireless itself. :lol:

Yeah, I've been posting from my phone which is connected to the same wifi hotspot. I also tried the two school ones, all of which didn't work. No, my phone couldn't have been using 4G since I don't have signal in my dorm.

How did you fix it? I have an assignment due at midnight. :(

I have the same problem with my new laptop sometimes. All I do is restart the computer and it works... I know, sounds pretty stupid, but that's all it takes for me.

I have the same problem with my new laptop sometimes. All I do is restart the computer and it works... I know, sounds pretty stupid, but that's all it takes for me.

Lucky you. :lol: I restarted maybe a dozen times. I actually was saying to myself "shame I don't have an SSD, I'd save a lot of time" lol.