AMD Performance Edition 8GB Memory Review

bp9801

True however putting your name on anything in the industry costs big bucks. With the value of memory today and how much its changed in the last few years, they could have looked at better deals to put their name on.

Thats my opinon of course :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have partnered with Samsung, I'm loving their low voltage memory kits. They overclock like crazy even at 1.5V's. http://www.overclock.net/t/1210482/amazon-samsung-2x4gb-low-voltage-ddr3-1600-kit-for-40-ocing-to-2200

IMO, if AMD is going to drive into the memory market, they should be doing something innovative that gives AMD memory controllers an advantage over Intel memory controllers. Otherwise, I don't see the point.

True however putting your name on anything in the industry costs big bucks. With the value of memory today and how much its changed in the last few years, they could have looked at better deals to put their name on.

Thats my opinon of course :)

I THINK though, that is is a Patriot project to move more memory and not AMD. I think Patriot is carrying the entire load aon this one and here is why.

In small print on the bottom of the box it reads : *Installation and warranty information at www.patriotmemory.com-AMD brand, technology names and logos used under license from Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

I wonder who is paying who?...or is it whom? LOL

Anything produced by another company but rebranded will say that regardless of who initiated or is paying for the name. :cheers:

I hate legalese. :lol:

true, I will never have an answer, but I think this is a Patriot project. I bet AMD exposure is extremely limited on this one. Probably a very good Patriot salesperson. :lol:

I can't see AMD getting into this unless it is one hell of a sweetheart deal.

I can tell you right now AMD is paying a lot more then you think Greg :whistling:

Patriot has nothing to loose, its all AMD's money.

I hate when you knowingly whistle like that ROFL

...well then , I am back to this :

When my local UPS guy handed me a thin box that had two red and black aluminum clad 4GB sticks of AMD branded memory, it got me thinking. The tortured five year wait for Bulldozer that by any metric ended in a resounding thud for AMD fans. The rapid exodus of leadership and talent, and most recently, a very good line of graphics cards has been edged out by team green. The last thing I expected Advanced Micro Devices to do was to get into the memory business. If for no other reasons than it is a hyper-competitive market flush with an array of quality, inexpensive choices for any level of performance you might be seeking to assemble, it just just viscerally feels like an odd move.