Expired Contact Solution

Vasto

Don't use it on a regular basis. If you need to use it for a "quick fix" until you can get some new, you'll be okay.

It's just fancy salt water anyways....

contact solution and saline solution are two different things. Saline solution is the "fancy salt water", contact solution has other stuff to help clean the contacts. I wouldn't trust either of them with an expiration date 11 years ago in my eyes, though the saline solution, if unopened, would probably still be okay.

contact solution and saline solution are two different things. Saline solution is the "fancy salt water", contact solution has other stuff to help clean the contacts. I wouldn't trust either of them with an expiration date 11 years ago in my eyes, though the saline solution, if unopened, would probably still be okay.

Contact solution and saline solution share quite a few similarities.... and both are pretty much "fancy salt water". Would I use contact solution in an IV? No...But contact solution and saline can be interchanged for use with contacts.

The life on those products is greatly under-estimated. Take for instance Tylonol, or Advil.... The "expiration" is so far behind when the actual drug starts to lose it's effect that it's still "good" for years to come after. It's only marked that way to increase sales potential, and to cover their butt.

He'll still be okay to use it once or twice. Just don't do it often, and make sure you get "fresh" in there ASAP.

He'll still be okay to use it once or twice. Just don't do it often, and make sure you get "fresh" in there ASAP.

Ok, thanks. I'll just use my some of my sisters until I get a chance to run to the store.