Got a new Mobo. What to do with BIOS and drivers?

As some of you know my old Asus p8p67 Pro had to be RMA'd to my dismay. The store I bought it through don't sell that model any more, so they send me a Asus z68 Pro instead.

I downloaded driver sweeper, but it only detects some of the old drivers. What should I do to ensure that everything will run stable and the way it should. I'm not thrilled about a OS reinstall.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found it hit and miss on mb swaps.. most of the time if they are the same socket everything goes pretty smoth, just install the new mb drivers and it "usually" works out :)

You know i have had mixed results with os reinstall after mobo change. Most successful when changing board with the same chipset. Here you are moving from p67 to z68 so the only real way to know would be to try. Wevsspot is spot on for what you should have to remove and to make it easy i would use the disk they gave with the board. Test, and then download new drivers.

Forgot to mention you will likely have to deactivated windows also.

Just swap your hardware and boot it like normal. Don't bother removing drivers - they're so similar you're not likely to need to do anything.

I swapped from an AMD board to a Z68 board without changing drivers. :lol: If i can do that you can go from a chipset to a newer version of the same no problem. :P