Steam Daily Deals

Avinexis

Penny Arcade Adventures: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack at 75% off: $2.99. Individual games are NOT on sale. Both games have Steam demos.

Weekend Deal:

Gotham City Imposters at 50% off: $7.49.

Trine 2 at 50% off: $7.49.

Trine at 80% off: $2.00.

Oh dear god...

I didn't even know Trine 2 was out yet and now it's THIS cheap!

WOW

There was a thread made for it a couple days before it released back in December. :P

I'm probably going to buy it, I normally wait for games to get really cheap, like $5 or less, but this game is probably worth it's full price and then some. Plus, I can never feel bad about spending more on indie games. :D

By the way, for anyone that doesn't know, a key feature in this one is that you can play the co-op online. A feature I had longed for with the first game. That and fixing saves and a few other things, but they fixed a lot of that too.

Edit: There is a demo for it too, thought I'd throw that out there since Jim hasn't gotten so super lazy. :P

Just kidding Jim, I actually really like that you update this thread all the time with all the deals, I'd probably forget to check them if I left it up to me.

Edited by Deathmineral

Oh dear god...

I didn't even know Trine 2 was out yet and now it's THIS cheap!

WOW

I hope you had an air hole under that rock :P

There was a thread made for it a couple days before it released back in December. :P

I'm probably going to buy it, I normally wait for games to get really cheap, like $5 or less, but this game is probably worth it's full price and then some. Plus, I can never feel bad about spending more on indie games. :D

By the way, for anyone that doesn't know, a key feature in this one is that you can play the co-op online. A feature I had longed for with the first game. That and fixing saves and a few other things, but they fixed a lot of that too.

Never had any problems with saves in the first game. And in fact, recently reinstalled it (to show in class) and all my saved games were there waiting me thanks to Steam Cloud.

As for online co-op, yeah, that's definitely a nice addition to the series. A post by a Frozenbyte employee said that they had to heavily modify the engine for the second game to support it and thus that's why the first game will never get it (I believe he mentioned something like how they'd have to rewrite about 400,000 lines of code. lol).

PS. There is a DLC/expansion planned for Trine 2....forget the scheduled release, but I think Summer. No pricing yet, but they did say it'd be cheaper than the game, which is regularly $15. I may just wait for then, but I haven't decided yet. Trine was a lot of fun.

I didn't really like Trine much. Hated it how it would just keep spawning in skeletons instead of letting me get on with the puzzle solving.

There really aren't many times you encounter enemies and they can easily be bypassed if they bother you...it's not like it's an arena shooter where you must kill all enemies for a door to unlock.

I hope you had an air hole under that rock :P

Never had any problems with saves in the first game. And in fact, recently reinstalled it (to show in class) and all my saved games were there waiting me thanks to Steam Cloud.

As for online co-op, yeah, that's definitely a nice addition to the series. A post by a Frozenbyte employee said that they had to heavily modify the engine for the second game to support it and thus that's why the first game will never get it (I believe he mentioned something like how they'd have to rewrite about 400,000 lines of code. lol).

PS. There is a DLC/expansion planned for Trine 2....forget the scheduled release, but I think Summer. No pricing yet, but they did say it'd be cheaper than the game, which is regularly $15. I may just wait for then, but I haven't decided yet. Trine was a lot of fun.

There really aren't many times you encounter enemies and they can easily be bypassed if they bother you...it's not like it's an arena shooter where you must kill all enemies for a door to unlock.

It's possible they changed the way saves worked since I last played the game. The way I remember it was that it saved just fine, but you could only have a single save profile. Would have been nice to be able to save at different points in the game, that way you could easily go back and play your favorite part or something like that.

I bought Trine 2 last night though, haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'd probably chalk it up as another stupid impulse buy if I wasn't so sure that I would play it. :lol:

It's possible they changed the way saves worked since I last played the game. The way I remember it was that it saved just fine, but you could only have a single save profile. Would have been nice to be able to save at different points in the game, that way you could easily go back and play your favorite part or something like that.

I bought Trine 2 last night though, haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'd probably chalk it up as another stupid impulse buy if I wasn't so sure that I would play it. :lol:

There are like 8 save slots (maybe more if you fill them up, but I haven't). When you load the game, the last saved slot used it automatically loaded, so if you go to "Level Select", you'll see all the chapters and stats based on that saved slot. You'd have to click "Change save slot" in the lower-right and choose another one.