Replicating iGoogle

NCC10281982B

Because on the impending iGoogle shutdown one of my projects is replicating its functionality. I have been working on a Protopage to facilitate that. The only snag is I would like to also steal black bar that is at the top of the page.

THINS THING

Capture.PNG

As a side note do I do not understand why that "bookmarks" bar is on present on other google services pages. Like if I wanted to jump from Gmail to maps for exemplar. Anyways, I inspected the element using chrome's webdev tools and the only reference is 

<div id="gbx3" class="gbem"></div>

This does not tell me anything.

I supose I could have just made all the links manually by now.  :doh:  :lol:

iGoogle was a very handy start page.  I was disappointed when Google announced it's demise and of course I jumped on the various "plea" boards and forums asking Google to reconsider.  Alas, they did not and they will not.  But there are other alternatives.

NCC has a cool project going on here and there are other start page options that I've tried including Netvibes and igHome.  I used Netvibes for about 9 months and then switched to igHome.  It will be interesting to see the final product that NCC pushes out.

Good luck!