be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 Reviewed

Bosco

Phanteks has a $100 cooler with dual towers, along with others near that. Noctua has a dual tower at $95 and then a C-type at $90. Some Prolimatech models are up in that range, too.

So, how can't a cooler in that price range be justified? Because it's from a company not as well known outside Europe? Neither was Noctua at one point, yet now it's one of the companies people look to right away.

Price of D14 is ~$80, price of Phanteks TC14PE is ~$85 which beats good old D14.

Both are tested in numerous rigs under different conditions. And here comes the be quiet cooler with the price tag of $98. Regardless of the performance, I must say it is aggressive pricing, specially when we can get a new H80i for ~$75 and H90 for $88. Above all it's coming from a company which is not a very well-known company.

Edited by d6bmg

Those are sales prices you're listing, not the everyday price. The H80i is at $115 when it's not marked down 36% on Newegg.

And like I said, even with be quiet! not being that well know, neither was Noctua when it started selling $20 fans. Yet people ended up buying them and the CPU coolers, and then eventually Noctua got to the point it's at now. Be quiet! is known in Europe, but, like Noctua did before it, is now expanding to new markets. It's what a lot of businesses do at some point - expand to new markets.

Phanteks has a $100 cooler with dual towers, along with others near that. Noctua has a dual tower at $95 and then a C-type at $90. Some Prolimatech models are up in that range, too.

So, how can't a cooler in that price range be justified? Because it's from a company not as well known outside Europe? Neither was Noctua at one point, yet now it's one of the companies people look to right away.

The company I'm familiar with. I wouldn't buy any pure air cooler at $100 though. :P

Some people still have concerns with liquid cooling, Even self contained systems and they need options.

The company I'm familiar with. I wouldn't buy any pure air cooler at $100 though. :P

Some people still have concerns with liquid cooling, Even self contained systems and they need options.

My concern is it's unnecessary for a *useful* amount of overclocking that a good but still fairly inexpensive air cooler can provide for a modern CPU lol