iPhone4

OCFreak

Even had signal in the middle of the backcountry when I went hiking and needed to get an emergency message out.

Did Bebo the clown try to mate you in the woods again? :lol:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Bebo the clown try to mate you in the woods again? :lol:

What?! lol...crazy boy. I twisted both my ankles...so instead of hiking back up 9ish miles...we hiked down 14ish miles. Good times.

ANYway, I understand the complaints. I'm just tired of hearing what sounds like...a lot of whining....which in turn causes the "Anti-Apple" people to jump in and say "SEEE HAH!". I say...either return the phone (if that's an option) or use the bumper. Write a letter to the Apple powers that be or go throw your phone at them. If you don't have the new one...don't buy it until the issue is resolved. I personally....don't like the phone without the bumper so it doesn't matter to me :-). I lurves it. Juuuust my take on it.

I don't have a case or bumper on mine and I haven't noticed the signal issue on my phone. For the people experiencing the problem, it could just be a combination of signal attenuation from covering the antenna and bad AT&T service in their area. I get fantastic AT&T service where I live. I did some speed tests and it's faster than the 3Mb DSL I was getting at my last apartment.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a case or bumper on mine and I haven't noticed the signal issue on my phone. For the people experiencing the problem, it could just be a combination of signal attenuation from covering the antenna and bad AT&T service in their area. I get fantastic AT&T service where I live. I did some speed tests and it's faster than the 3Mb DSL I was getting at my last apartment.

I do not believe this for a second. If you are holding the phone just like I hold it, you would be the first on the planet with an iPhone4 to report no signal change or loss.

Why did you receive a magical device, and everyone else did not?

Its weird. I personally had more issues with my 3GS and losing reception than my iPhone4.

I actually get better coverage in spots that were once dead to my 3GS.

I have tried to simulate the "death grip" and have yet to notice any signal loss.

I personally think it depends on where your using the phone. If your in an area with poor coverage I think you will notice it a lot more. Unfortunately my house is in a bad area "low land", and we get . for coverage here. I am hoping that ATT will give me a free microcell, if they don't I am going to classy lady until I get one for free...