are amd card prices going to drop soon?

<br>AMD has forever lost the "budget gamer/user" mindset, if you ask me.<br>
<div><br></div><div>With just one round of cards I have to disagree and with the 7800 series even more so. The 7850 is a reasonably priced card, as of right now, in the fact it has near 570 performance is is hitting the $250 price point. Now I do agree that they have lost their position as leader. Their current crop, the 7700 series is not that impressive despite good pricing right now and on the CPU side they really have very little except for the VERY budget minded consumer.</div><div><br></div><div>As for the price drop, it is a wait and see, if Kepler delivers the goods and has a reasonable price point then AMD has to drop prices. <br><br><br>

</div>

No they wont because Kepler will not be better than Tahiti :P All jokes aside, I think it should drop once Kepler is out - and a little price war will begin between the two brands thus benefiting the consumer. I'd say wait unless you cant.

I heard 7800 cards from gigabyte are now on sale in australia

since that is close to taiwan, I'm guessing we should see some cards here in north america this coming week?

EDIT:

oh look at that, I found one on newegg.com here in NA

MSI is good, but I'll wait a few days to see if an XFX shows up

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814127662

Edited by potatochobit