the Fitness Thread

This my friends is a thread where you can share with others that us computer geeks are not just sat at a desk..and do no exercise what so ever...

.it can be from a walk around the block...to bodybuilding(:lol:)

so get posting...

Edited by Il_napoletano

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is this meant for sharing tips and tricks about training, as a training log or what is its true purpose? :)

I try to run at least 5 days a week. Have been inactive since November due to a sprained ankle, so the shape ain't what it used to be. But I'll get back in shape and hopefully beat the 20min 5k this summer. Root for me! :biggrin:

So is this meant for sharing tips and tricks about training, as a training log or what is its true purpose? :)

anything concerning fitness..whether tips or logs...or even like a "Just exercised" thread.....

What up nerds?!

I'm currently following the 5/3/1 program from Jim Wendler and carb cycling. Down about 10 pounds so far this year. Also hit a few PRs in deadlifts and squats in the last two months while dieting.

Current goals for the remainder of the year are.

Bodyweight: 210 (Hopefully by the time the wedding I am going to at the end of June rolls around)

Deadlift: 465

Squat: 365

Military Press: 185

Bench: 245

Gym 2-3 sometimes 4 times a week for an hour to an hour and a half at a time.

When I get around to it might head back to athletics manly because I want another pair of the state trackies, so comfy.

Then when I can which sadly hasn't been often recently I ride the single track near me, on my mountain bike.

My soccor coach has me fighting fit

Like twenty minutes intensive running non stop with no breaks at all. What makes it worse is that you have to keep up with the fitest person which definay isn't me. It boarders on torture.

Our coach likes to call this our warm up.

I do have a great deal of respect for our coach he trains us to win. We didn't lose a game last year. People think he is the beat junior coach in Tasmania

Edited by makarov

do 12oz curls count :P even though I don't do those I walk alot at work lift heavy things all the time and don't work out at all but then again I am over weight too so maybe I am just lazy

Today: http://soc.li/wC9vexQ

Nx596.png

2.00 mile Run/Jog on Apr 1, 2012 at 06:10 pm

MapMyRUN Workout(Run / Jog:Regular / General) : Distance 2.0 mi, Duration 20:26, Pace 10:13, Speed 5.9 mi/h- #MapMyRUN: 04/01/2012 - Using Route - Training 2 Miles (Livia)

The 2 miles was at a fairly steady pace, as much as I could manage with my gasping breath and the varied ascents/descents... did about a mile warm up and a mile cool down.

First run in new trainers (running shoes)... no more crippling pain in my left knee! :)

Forefoot running probably helped too

This is my first of 8 weeks training for a 10km run in May (Great Manchester North Run)