Technical difficulties with my wireless connection!

I just receieved my TP link TD-8817 DSL Modem and set it up, its got no issues and I'm able to connect to the internet with it. However my Netgear Wireless-N 300 router WNR2000 v2 doesn't seem to pick up the connection.

I had a old 2wire dsl modem before hooked up to the netgear with the netgear router giving my laptop/desktops a wireless connection, I later replaced the old 2wire modem with a netgear ADSL2+ modem DM111psp v2 and got everything to run smoothly as well. Do note that my netgear router has had DD-WRT installed on it the whole time since I've receieved it.

So now after replacing the netgear modem with the TP link TD8817 DSL modem I haven't been able to get the netgear router to host a wireless connection. I can change the password for the wireless security code and everything just fine but it seems like the router itself isn't detecting the modem. The netgear router is showing 0.0.0.0 for the gateway and 0.0.0.0 for the Local DNS... I have reseted the router numerous times in attempt to try to get it to work but I've had no luck.

I've changed the netgear router setting from gateway to router too and I've had no luck. Can anyone give me advice to get this issue resolved? Its really giving me a headache..

yes the netgear router is plugged in just fine. Hmm that guide tells you how to set it up with the defualt firmware. I currently have DD-wrt installed on it.

EDIT: Do I need to put the TP-Link DSL modem in bridge mode? Or the netgear router in bridge mode?

Edited by My_Inner_Fred

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to note here issue is resolved TP-link modem had a buggy firmware. I had to set the PPPoE on the wireless router and set the modem so that it didn't handle the connection directly. 

Don't understand why it doesn't do it by default like the rest of the netgear, linksys routers do

• 4 weeks later...

when you set this up you needed to set the MAC address of the PC you last had plugged in... or after the refresh time it would have auto connected...

got the same router and thats what i had to do.... the ISP refreshes after a certain period and re-ups the MAC...