GUI Programing

ir_cow

Hey all!

I'm trying to do a bit of programing in C++ and it has been 10 years (a little more) since I used TrueBasic, so I am really out of the loop on how to do anything. I'm going to lists a few things I would like to do and if someone can point me in the right direction (tutorials) that would be awesome. Unfortunately I cannot go into detail of what I'm doing because of possible copyright I will be applying to it (or kickstarter to pay someone to finish it).

Hello!

1) Simple Input GUI with ability to add text and be saved
2) GUI designed allowing drop down menus and saved in selected state
3) Allow GUI to connect on the network and be "Aware" of other copies and update back and forth. Example. I change a drop option and the other computer see's it and updates itself (real time if possible)
4) Add addition of hashing files (to avoid stealing of information)

Thats the start, I think if i have step 1 and 2 down i'm sure I could pay someone to do the rest.

Thank you!

On a side note if anyone is serious about programing and want to make a quick buck (possibly quick), shoot me a PM.

GUI stuff isn't really my focus, but one of the projects had a substantial GUI. We used the Qt framework and IDE, it is all free as far as I know. I only did a bit of the programming so I don't think I can be much more help than that.

I found Rad Studio and Visual Studio to do that also. Too bad all those do is like making a website, It just lay things out and nothing works until you type the code part. Atlest that is a start. Maybe I can block it out and have someone write the code.

• 7 months later...

Believe it or not...every single one of those tasks you require can be done by creating a GUI inside of a Microsoft Office Excel Spreadsheet and using Macros. You are right though, Visual Studio can accomplish the same tasks if you create a webpage, which is becoming the preferred method simply because there is so much malicious code written in C++ language people or companies don't want it anymore. Java and web languages are the choice of the future as things move into the Cloud...Visual Studio Express is also free these days....it is the same as the full version but you can not create or load plugins into Express.

Edited by Voaraghamanthar

You can try SFML (http://www.sfml-dev.org) + SFGUI (http://sfgui.sfml-dev.de) or TGUI (http://tgui.eu).

I've been using SFML for some time to create/study basic 2D games in Code Blocks. It is not so hard to learn, there's a lot of documentation to use. I'm not sure how well it will accomplish step 3 and 4, but 1 and 2 shouldn't be a problem.