No Power to OCZ ZT Series 650W

I'm afraid in that case it will be hard to test. You could try shorting the power on pins on the motherboard header with a screwdriver, or shorting two pins (can't remember which ones, Google it) on the actual PSU to check if the PSU will run

Disconnect everything from the power supply.

Short the green wire to any black wire on the 24 pin connector and the power supply should switch on?

If it doesn't connect a small load to the power supply, a couple of hard disk drives will do and try again.

What happens?

• Like 1

Disconnect everything from the power supply.

Short the green wire to any black wire on the 24 pin connector and the power supply should switch on?

If it doesn't connect a small load to the power supply, a couple of hard disk drives will do and try again.

What happens?

I shorted the green and black wire, and the only peripheral I had was an old hard drive to plug into the PSU.  The fan came on, but soon went off.  I tried the test again, and the fan did not come on.  Connecting it back to the motherboard, and the fan did not come on.  Disconnected from the motherboard, and shorted it again, and the fan came on.  Turned if off, then back on and the fan would not come on.  Waited a minute and tried again with a paper clip between the green wire and a black wire, and the fan would not come on.

hmm I take it back than, I read your posts and realized you said the psu fan was working. good thing you figured out to connect the motherboard pins :)

I'm afraid in that case it will be hard to test. You could try shorting the power on pins on the motherboard header with a screwdriver, or shorting two pins (can't remember which ones, Google it) on the actual PSU to check if the PSU will run

Yeah it's not like I said that ages ago :rolleyes:

Only kidding  - glad you got it sorted out :)