The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Not all automatics are slower, its a common misconception...

With a manual you have human reaction time, which can be slower than an automatic, so unless your pretty good at shifting I dont see it...

There are some pretty fast cars with automatic transmissions in them.

I know a guy who has a car who will just eat up manual counter parts on the track...

The breaking is true, I hate having to break all the time in my car :(

Semi autos or sport shifts so you can gear down or up when you want as it is I still force my dad's pos to gear down to slow down at times probably not the best but the trans is fairly new and the rest of the car is definitely on the way out.

Not all automatics are slower, its a common misconception...

With a manual you have human reaction time, which can be slower than an automatic, so unless your pretty good at shifting I dont see it...

There are some pretty fast cars with automatic transmissions in them.

I know a guy who has a car who will just eat up manual counter parts on the track...

The breaking is true, I hate having to break all the time in my car :(

Not all of them no...but we're not talking about Ferraris or Lamborghinis here. :P

The only automatic I'm willing to drive is the dsg, which blows my mind every time I shift.

Even though modern automatics shift as fast as manuals, they're still less reliable, more expensive, heavier, and you end up with a lot less vehicle control.

Style-wise? Sure. Performance-wise? HELL NO. It's an overweight pig in every sense of the word. At least the Mustang tries not to be a 4500 pound lardass. :lol:

Anyway - just bought a Creative Sound Blaster Live! card from Gebraset. I figure it'll go well in the HTPC assuming I can get the drivers going for it. The slight background noise from the onboard sound at maximum volume has finally gotten to me. :P

I'd never buy one for performance. However, it's the only car on the market today that has style and good looks. All the others look the same.

I'd never buy one for performance. However, it's the only car on the market today that has style and good looks. All the others look the same.

The new Mustang is gorgeous.

The new Mustang is gorgeous.

I'm not a big fan. My favorite is the old Mach 1. Best looking new car to me is the Challenger. It really LOOKS like a muscle car, and that's what I like. That, and the sound it makes is amazing, even when it's stock.

Edited by Onion

The sound of both the Challenger and Mustang are great, even stock. The Camaro? Ha. They sound like a motorboat at idle and low RPM. Chevy doesn't spend any time tuning the exhaust to sound good...they've had this problem ever since they moved from the LT1/LT4 to the LS1 and all its derivatives.

The best thing I ever got my dad was a set of long tube headers and an x-pipe for his C5. It went from sounding like crap to sounding like a real damn car. :lol:

Camaro is the coolest looking of the current american muscle, i think. Close second tie of the Challenger and Mustang, the difference is, the Challenger is the most comfortable car ive personally ever sat in. Its gloriously huge on the inside, and i would LOVE one. Lol

Camaro is the coolest looking of the current american muscle, i think. Close second tie of the Challenger and Mustang, the difference is, the Challenger is the most comfortable car ive personally ever sat in. Its gloriously huge on the inside, and i would LOVE one. Lol

As someone who is not American, IMO out of the current muscle cars available, the Mustang or GT500 is the best with the challenger in 2nd. Camaro is last since who wants to be driving Bumblebee ? Lol