OCC Review: Swiftech MCW6500-T TEC (Peltier) Assisted Water Block

Nemo

Swiftech MCW6500-T TEC (Peltier) Assisted Water Block Review

100x20-digg-button.gif

Most people think of Dangerden or Thermaltake when venturing into water-cooling, so it is interesting to see what new products Swiftech has to offer to bring itself further into the limelight. In this review, I will be taking a look at the TEC-assisted water-block, the MCW6500-T and comparing it to plain water-cooling. TEC-cooling is what I would consider to be the cheapest form of sub-ambient cooling and one step above the most efficient "regular" cooling method of using water. This product is a complete water-block, TEC, and coldplate all in-one and designed with TEC cooling in mind. So I will be comparing the MCW6500-T to one of the highest performing water-blocks ever made, the Swiftech Storm G4. Is it worth the effort? Does it increase stability and allow higher overclocks? Let's find out!

06_thumb.jpg

Very nice review, to bad it did not do quite as good as water in some cases, but it did not do to bad really. I was kinda of surprised. I think it would have done a lot better if you had it on a loop by itself. What do you think Steve?

I think it would have done a lot better if you had it on a loop by itself. What do you think Steve?

Well, my 7800GTs would blow up on stock cooling lol

Ultimately, I think separate watercooling for the GPUs would be ideal, yes

A very involved review, good job :)

Personally, you won't find me messing around with anything like this until I can afford to replace anything I might damage in the process.

(although I'm still planning on modding my x-fi, even though I can't afford to replace that :lol: )

Edited by jammin

GREAT review! The conclusion was outstanding. A lot of plus, a lot of minus, but a good discussion of both to put them in perspective. It was a really solid breakdown of who this product works for and for what.

Nicely done. This explains your recent re-entry into the 939 competition with that "old" 3500+ :)

A very involved review, good job :)

Personally, you won't find me messing around with anything like this until I can afford to replace anything I might damage in the process.

(although I'm still planning on modding my x-fi, even though I can't afford to replace that :lol: )

eh, it's not that dangerous, don't be a wuss :P

thanks once again :)

You could always send it to me, or drop it off at mine... I've got the hang of it now, so it's really easy :)

Jack's likin his new card hehe