upgraded to 4K

So I picked up a 39" SEIKI 4K TV/Monitor today. I was a little hesitant, but I once I calibrated it, the picture quialty is great but not the best, but the resolution is outrageous. I just played Napoleon: Total War and it was stunning. My GPU's are pushed to the limit though, my FPS went from 5-30, (but the TV is locked to 30hz at 4K). I was able to keep it smooth at 30FPS when not in a battle, so I was able to admire the scenery. IMHO it was well worth the cost and even thou some games and a few demo videos are all that available for 4K, it's still worth checking out. The extra space is worth it, but even with 4 Titans I heard that 60FPS is still tough to get. :teehee:

Here is a screenshot of OCC at 4K

6dl.png

Edited by Black64

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey now you have a reason to use the Magnifier that MS built-in to the OS! 

also there is this:

Capture.PNG

Sorry about the photo I did not realize it was going to capture the top monitor as well.

at lest $5,000 I would think. 4k isn't a cheap thing yet nvm. $1,200. though I would never buy from tiger direct. they might send me a empty box again.

Since HDMI / DVI can't handle 4k very well. I think everything is going to switch to display port. It also carries audio now (or has for while since 1.2 came out). mark my words, HDMI is going away and Display port is the new.

Grats! honestly the 30hz is the only thing keeping me from a dropping 1200 bucks on a 4k screen...and honestly 39" is too big for me for a monitor. 27-30" is as far as I would go.

Yea, webpages are basically unusable at 4K. Even with only being less then 30" from the screen. 

Lol I had to start using 120% on my browser when I switched from 1920x1200 to 2560x1440 :).

HDMI will never go away for about 10years

because video games use it and stereo equipment

also, I looked at this SEIKI TV, is it really 4k quality? because a real 4k TV is very expensive. 

I think there may be more to a 4k TV other than just a resolution number.