folding vs power bill

camaro_dude15

dad found the source of the high power bill, he decided if that much heat is coming out, then its takin lots of juice, 

i had the gtx 275s, 8800gt, and a 5750 (i think) running full bore, with a 965t and a core duo workin on some units.

when i shut them all down for a few weeks he noticed a big drop on the bill, im thinkin extension cord from the niegbors house?

dad found the source of the high power bill, he decided if that much heat is coming out, then its takin lots of juice, 

i had the gtx 275s, 8800gt, and a 5750 (i think) running full bore, with a 965t and a core duo workin on some units.

when i shut them all down for a few weeks he noticed a big drop on the bill, im thinkin extension cord from the niegbors house?

Maybe just directly from the power lines?  :ph34r:

Yea, the warm weather is killing me, I almost had to shut down more systems, I walked into the back room (where all but one of my folding systems are) and it was easly over 100F in there and a couple of the systems where running a bit hotther then I liked ( the i7-920 w/ 2x GTX285 was at 92C, the i7-2600k was about 85C, the i7-980x was only running around 58C.. aparently I havent oc'ed that one enough :)

Fortunately the weather turned (started raining a little bit) and cooled off and I was able to cool the room off a bit.

My last power bill was $67. I fold with what's in my sig 24/7..P2 940, OC'd a bit, I7 3770K, and that crappy 9500GT. I've never hooked up my Kill-A-Watt to see for sure, but with an all electric house and four women (lots of showers, hot water, laundry, etc) they can't use THAT much power... :foldon:

I need to get rid of some of my "old" systems lol, looks like I might be getting a free i7-3770k from work and have been itching to build a compact watercooled itx-mini system in a custom built case :)