Onboard Audio giving static?

I'm wondering is this is from a bad motherboard but I get audio static sounds in games. I've disabled all other audio devices on the computer, messed with the settings in the soundblaster control panel, etc but nothing worked. Also, the front audio port gives constant static whether ingame or out and it's much louder..

I have a gigabyte G1 Sniper Z97 mobo. Any ideas and would a dedicated card fix this static?

Usually if I have a static issue, it's either the speakers or the case / motherboard has a grounding issue. From what your saying, it seems more of a speaker / cable issue but I could be completely wrong. I suggest testing the speakers on something else. If it's okay than it's the motherboard.

Next it get's annoying because you can either blindly send it in for a RMA which they may reject if they don't find the same problem. Or you can unplugged the front audio connector, check all the wires and motherboard stand offs to make sure nothing is causing the problem.

If it's indeed the motherboard a dedicated card would fix the problem if it's not a grounding issues across everything, (ie inproper installation / grounding issue).

Yeah I'm going through this now and have tested with a dedicated sound card and my static (that I only experience when nothing is playing, volume on) goes away. Onboard sound however still has the static/swirling noises, I may try to re-seat the motherboard as well as install the I/O shield to make sure it's not a grounding issue (which I believe it to be)

Edited by IVIYTH0S