Thief Reviewed

Bosco

New patch today that is supposed to add AMD Mantle and TrueAudio support, as well as some other optimizations and fixes. For my nVidia GPU though things are mixed.

The good news is that at max settings, the benchmark actually did run better, giving me an average of 35 FPS, up from 32. Unfortunately the performance at the lowest settings has not improved, so the performance gap between highest and lowest settings is actually smaller for me now. Odd is all I can think to say.

Figured I'd add this here...

According to NVIDIA, a new driver will be released some time next month that will see performance gains in every DX11 game. I mention that because NVIDIA specifically showed a benchmark for Thief:

news35864_12269-nvidia_breaks_down_the_t

Of course that's with a 780 Ti, but every NVIDIA DX11 GPU is supposedly going to see gains. So something to look forward to at least :)

Figured I'd add this here...

According to NVIDIA, a new driver will be released some time next month that will see performance gains in every DX11 game. I mention that because NVIDIA specifically showed a benchmark for Thief:

news35864_12269-nvidia_breaks_down_the_t

Of course that's with a 780 Ti, but every NVIDIA DX11 GPU is supposedly going to see gains. So something to look forward to at least :)

i like how they magnified the difference with such a large amount, while it is only 4 fps lol.

This thread is a handy reminder to myself of why I wait to buy AAA games like this a few months after release. I see some pretty capable systems here that are getting pretty minimal benchmark scores which means I'd have an even harder time trying to run the game. I'll probably wait for the new nVidia driver before I pick this up.

Is it really that good of a game, though? Reviews I saw were mixed, at best.