the Fitness Thread

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Basically i just go on the tredmil for about 30 mins twice a day, once when I wake up around 5:30 am and once when I get home from work around 4pm. The next day I use this total gym thing (some off brand version of the total gym) 45mins once a day when I get home from work. I do like 25 mins working on my arms and stomach region, then the rest of the time on my legs. And thats it besides the warm up and cool down of my work outs. The plan is to do it 5-6 times a week, alternating between the two different work outs each day. But like I said don't really make it past the 3rd or 4th day :/ Been trying to get into this rountine for like 6-8 months now

that's way too much to start with.....

just try this for 2 or so weeks...

run on the treadmil at a moderate pace 3 times a week...for about 10-25mins

then come off and wait 60sec and do as many press ups you can without straining (it could be 1 or 20...)

60sec break

then do some sit ups ( not too many though, because if you do too many you WILL regret it)

60sec break

do some more pushups..aim for as many as you did the previous time

60sec

10-20 bodyweight squats..

then cool off...cause you're done..

because this won't stress your body too much...it will be easier to adapt to..

look at my friend..he came round to mine because he wanted to work out with me...and he's physically fit...he couldn't even get passed half of my routine..why? because his body wasn't used to it.

Because one thing a lot of people do is...wow look at the his body..I've gotta do HIS workout..NO, you don't!

You have to slowly get your body into it...(cause you don't tell your noob friend to go and buy a 2600K and OC it to 6ghz...he'll mess it up..you tell him to get a C2D and OC it) :D

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's way too much to start with.....

just try this for 2 or so weeks...

run on the treadmil at a moderate pace 3 times a week...for about 10-25mins

then come off and wait 60sec and do as many press ups you can without straining (it could be 1 or 20...)

60sec break

then do some sit ups ( not too many though, because if you do too many you WILL regret it)

60sec break

do some more pushups..aim for as many as you did the previous time

60sec

10-20 bodyweight squats..

then cool off...cause you're done..

because this won't stress your body too much...it will be easier to adapt to..

look at my friend..he came round to mine because he wanted to work out with me...and he's physically fit...he couldn't even get passed half of my routine..why? because his body wasn't used to it.

Because one thing a lot of people do is...wow look at the his body..I've gotta do HIS workout..NO, you don't!

You have to slowly get your body into it...(cause you don't tell your noob friend to go and buy a 2600K and OC it to 6ghz...he'll mess it up..you tell him to get a C2D and OC it) :D

Hey thanks for the advice everyone... Going to try this workout Il_napoletano hopefully it'll be easier to get into then my last routine. I'll let you know how the first week goes.

Your body has no time to rest. If the running is strenous, then cut back to only once a day. And for the total gym, I'd say ease on the leg workout, since you're also running.

Do you eat right? Not that you have to be super healthy or anything, but does your diet mainly consist of fastfood and takeaway or do you cook yourself? That's usually the most important place to look, when wanting to either loose weight or to get in shape.

I eat breakfast at home usually a bowl of honey oats with 1% milk, not sure of measurements. Lunch depends I either bring something to work, or if I forget to pack a lunch I get something out. Dinner is always home cooked, well except for friday we get pizza.

Just did a marathon with my cousin.

Went through 5 of the star wars movies (technical issue on the 6th).

Since the marathon took about 10h, we knew we were going to be carbohydrate depleted after some time, so of course we brought carb rich food with us.

You can really feel how hard it is on the body and on the mind. I'm completely exhausted now. Guys, don't do this without prior training!

Are you running in actual good quality running shoes? If so, are they designed for any issues you have like under/over pronation? I used to run in tennis shoes and it tore my knees and ankles to shreds. Finally bit the bullet and bought a nice pair of Asics, and it was night and day.

Handy guide.

I really need to find something that I can do to stay in shape. I don't like to run though (plus it hurts my knees) and don't want to spend the money on a gym.

There's a plethora of other activities you can try. Swimming, rowing, calisthenics, racket sports and even something as plain as walking helps compared to doing nothing.