Xbox One

bp9801

I bought a PS3 just for Metal Gear, but it ended up paying off because PS3 had fun new IP exclusives that came out later. Can't say if that'll happen for Xbox One yet. I hardly bought any 360 games.

Yeah I won't be buying an XBO for a LONNNNNG time, I'm JUST not interested in getting a 360 to run through the exclusives I'm unable to get on the PC or PS3...which reminds me I ALSO have quite the list of exclusives on the PS3 to get to alone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Customers can claim credit towards an Xbox One at participating Best Buy stores up until November 15, but there are some things to be mindful of.

Firstly, any working Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 console will net you a $50 coupon towards an Xbox One specifically. If your console happens to be either an Xbox 360 250GB or a PS3 Slim, you'll also receive a "$100 minimum" gift card. Not a bad deal for a console whose RRP is $350.

Gamers can also trade in working Microsoft or Sony controllers with their consoles and receive $10 for each one, up to a maximum of four.

Source - IGN

Sony where are you deals................

Just connected mine together. I already have gripes haha. Shiny plastic is just a bad idea. Dust every where even after cleaning the area. The console is bulky. No idea why I never noticed either. Had one at my work since release lol. Wish Plex would hurry up and finish beta testing XB1 app so I can buy it for $5 and sell off my htpc. Then I can replace all my chromecast for fire USB.

Navigating the UI is slow as a turd. Everything you click on had a loading screen.

Game installs are also extremely slow. You can't even see your game list or view install progress through Smartglass app. 1+ hours later Dragon Age still downloading. This has to be the worst service ever. I could have downloaded and installed this multiple times on a PC already. No idea if it's Xbox or EA.

Edited by AZNguyen

• 2 months later...

No one game is worth $400 lol I haven't seen anything on the xbox one that is making me want to buy it. It's basically the GameCube of the current generation.

Even though the GameCube had Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Super Smash Bros. Melee, LoZ: Wind Waker, LoZ: Four Swords Adventures, Rogue Squadron 2 and 3, Super Mario Sunshine, Battalion Wars, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Star Fox Adventures, and F-Zero GX? Plus the arguably superior console version of Resident Evil 4, if you want to go outside the exclusives I mentioned.

As per the XBO, Sunset Overdrive looks sweet, but there isn't a whole lot else I'd go for on it right now. Vast majority of the games coming out this year aren't exclusive, and the only ones coming up that truly interest me are Scalebound and the new Crackdown.

Sunset is coming to PC, so there goes your reason to get an XO lol.

Hell, with the implementation of windows 10 into the xbox one, i doubt we will see an exclusive ever again from the console.

No one game is worth $400 lol I haven't seen anything on the xbox one that is making me want to buy it. It's basically the GameCube of the current generation.

I built my first PC just for BF2 and bought a PS3 just for Metal Gear Solid 4 :P Sometimes the "one game" is just worth it. Plus I only paid like $200 something after all the discounts.

Hell, with the implementation of windows 10 into the xbox one, i doubt we will see an exclusive ever again from the console.

The only "announced" Xbox One exclusives for PC so far are Titanfall and Fable Legends. They didn't announce any other games. Xbox One to Windows 10 streaming sounds like it would require you owning an actual Xbox One to stream from, so that's really no different.

Edited by WhenKittensATK

I got my XBox One for $275 with Forza and Ryse: Son of Rome. Gave my Xbox 360 to my brother-in-law. Mostly playing Destiny with my brother. I already had a PS3 as a streaming entertainment box for Hulu Plus, Netflix, NBA GameTime, Amazon Instant, YouTube, etc., (it's mostly for making it easier on my wife to use than my HTPC), but man, the UI on Xbox One is horrible.

I built my first PC just for BF2 and bought a PS3 just for Metal Gear Solid 4 :P Sometimes the "one game" is just worth it. Plus I only paid like $200 something after all the discounts.

The only "announced" Xbox One exclusives for PC so far are Titanfall and Fable Legends. They didn't announce any other games. Xbox One to Windows 10 streaming sounds like it would require you owning an actual Xbox One to stream from, so that's really no different.

Don't forget Fable Anniversary, Ryse and Dead Rising 3 which were also "exclusives" and are already on PC.

Would be nice to get Sunset Overdrive on PC, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

It does, since the streaming only works on a local network. Play XBO games on the PC using an XBO controller, be it single or multiplayer. Play against friends even, so, using Fable Legends, you can play a hero on PC going against a villain on the XBO.