Looking for new cell phone.

SpeedCrazy

Hey Guys,

I am needing some help to find a new phone, i have a consumer cellular plan, not the greatest i know, but i have had the plan for about 6 years now and it is ridiculously cheap so i don't want to drop it. They claim to work with any AT&T or any unlocked GSM phones(just slap the SIM card in).

So i need to find find the best bang for the buck phone that meets those criterea, i'm not interested in a smart phone i just want a solid dependable phone that calls, texts, and has a calendar. A camera is nice but not requisite. When i say solid i mean, it my last phone - that died on me last night, is/was a Samsung SGH-A237 - was sumberged in salt water, freshwater, mud, dropped on concrete from the top of a ladder, run over with a 4-wheeler and still worked. The menu was simple and i could get to everything useful with one button push. The only downside was the tiny memory, it would hold about 200 txts before i had to manually delete them all. I favor flip phones because the screen is protected, and in my line of work that is important, but so long as it is tough i don't really care.

Price range... ehh... i don't have a lot to go around right now due to some other stuff thats going on but i want something thgat will last. So try to keep it under $100, but cheaper is better.

Thanks guys,

Speed

I just bought a Blu Tank T190i. It's cheep, rugged, wiil accept a 8GB micro SD, but I can't get it to let me add new names and numbers. To add new contacts to the sim I had to put the sim in another phone, add the contacts, then transfer the sim back

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/390646345534?lpid=82

Thanks for the suggestion, but if i can't add contacts.... thats useless. I add and remove contacts fairly regualrly, basically job by job i have a different set of work contacts so i would be screwed.

Probably the Samsung Convoy or Samsung Gusto 2.

I like the look of the convoy, any idea what the AT&T equivalent would be? Verizon phones run off CDMA not GSM so it would not work for me.

Have you taken a look at their phones?

https://www.consumercellular.com/Info/Phones

Every motorola phone i have had has been cheap, plasticy and generaly useless. Not even solid enough to be a paperweight.

You could give the Huwai a try, I know you said no smartphones but it's in your budget.

I wanted people's opinion so that i did not have to give a phone a 'try'. Money is tight and i ain't buying anythong on the offchance its good. A cheap smart phone would likely be worse than a cheap flip, more to go wrong.

Anyone have anything good to say about Chinese produced tablets?

http://www.onda-tablet.com/onda-v973-quad-core-9-7-inch-retina-screen-ram-2gb-adnroid-tablet.html

Check out the display on that =o

Tablets? Seriously? On topic please.

I am looking at the Samsung Rugy II right now, looks like just the ticket. Anybody used any of this series?