The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

renewed my phone agrement with AT&T monday...

Got a new iphone 6 16gb with a mod3 radius case.  With new contract got $100 off an ipad/ ipad mini, since i got an iphone and ipad mini 3 32GB retina apple gives you another $100 off, on top of that traded my 4 and 5 in for another $300.  So renewing my contract and geeting a new phone, which i was planing on doing anyway.    After all the trade in's and rebates AT&T handed me an ipad mini and i walked out of the store $25 richer :bow:

Tires, oil, filter. Yup, its already time for tires. 4,000 miles of hard riding on a soft compound and they're toast.

Better be the last oil filter you'll ever need :teehee:

(I'm actually about to change my dad's '85 VF700F's oil in a couple minutes!

You better be using that stupid reusable filter if you're preaching to me about it lol.

He has two old disposable filters to burn first before we talk about that...plus he's thinking of selling it. I'm using it for work, this thing's a grumpy gus though. Effin' Carbs man! So unpredictable...

AT&T....Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple Apple

:lol:

Was riding with friends tonight and one of them who has a 2009 CBR600RR had a little issue. At 110 mph, his kickstand flipped down because the spring blew out, which ended up snapping his left lower fairing in half, which then peeled off his bike due to the speed. To cheer him up, we took him to a gas station to fix it up while I went to Walgreens with someone from our group to get him duct tape. 

I also got: 

-Sympathy card which I had the entire Walgreens staff fill out.

-Kleenex for his tears.

-Crunch bar because his fairings went crunch.

-Little Christmas tree to put on his bike and ride with, it matches and everything. 

Here he is, happy as ever, with his little tree secured to the tail of his bike and his fairings temporarily fixed.

27cb8fb23a.jpg

Was riding with friends tonight and one of them who has a 2009 CBR600RR had a little issue. At 110 mph...

AKA driving at stupid speeds on public roads and something bad happened. Meh.

Was riding with friends tonight and one of them who has a 2009 CBR600RR had a little issue. At 110 mph...

AKA cruising around and him being the only one to go over 100 because he spotted a fun looking on ramp. Total time over 90 mph? Probably 3 seconds.

Nobody here really rides like crazy because there's a track 45 minutes away.

Edited by Onion

AKA cruising around and him being the only one to go over 100 because he spotted a fun looking on ramp. Total time over 90 mph? Probably 3 seconds.

Nobody here really rides like crazy because there's a track 45 minutes away.

Implying it's a free track though :P

I actually couldn't tell the damage at first, he could mess the other side and it sorta of works with the color scheme. Then again, my bike is a half faired model so maybe that's why it doesn't look off to me :lol:

How'd the kickstand actually contact the ground if he was going straight and not leaning left? I was waiting to hear a horror story of the bike shutting down or something since I believe both my bikes have had a killswitch for when the kickstand's out.