OCC Looks at Five P67 Motherboards

Nemo

RE MSI Board: The Click BIOS UEFI BIOS implementation works but I found the look to be not what you would find in a board of this caliber. It looks like something you would find in a kid's game and does include a couple games under the Games tab in the BIOS.

The BIOS is the last place I would want people to be playing games in. The potential for grief is enormous if they start to 'click and explore'.

Good review,.... I guess the UEFI bios is something worth having,....and these P67 boards look good to me.

Edited by RealNeil

One thing I can't stand with the UEFI BIOS is if you have it connected to a HDTV instead of a monitor. You can't see the whole screen, and parts of it is scrambled. Give me back the normal BIOS!

The BIOS is the last place I would want people to be playing games in. The potential for grief is enormous if they start to 'click and explore'.
AGREED

I'd rather not have any games in an area so full of important options.

One thing I can't stand with the UEFI BIOS is if you have it connected to a HDTV instead of a monitor. You can't see the whole screen, and parts of it is scrambled. Give me back the normal BIOS!

AGREED

UEFI should not become standard until you can plug into ANY conceivable monitor and GPU combination and it will 'just work'.

Don't get me wrong, I think the BIOS is WAAAAAAAY past its prime and I like UEFI overall but if it still has little quirks like that then it should not be released yet.