Windows 8 Metro UI Petition!

90sgamer

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it can't be disabled then I'm not gonna upgrade for a while...

I ran Windows XP and then Windows 7, I plan on using 7 for quite some time.

That being said, it really occurred to me just now that I don't actually ever use my desktop.

If Windows 8 looks like this and it uses little to no resources in the process versus the UI being enabled then I guess I don't care.

Like I said though it'll be sometime before I personally switch away from Windows 7 so I'm sure by then it'll all be worked out.

All I really care about is performance, if it uses less memory and processing power to handle general stuff im happy.

Though I'd certainly be happier if I could turn off the metro UI.

That patch is already in 7.

But supposedly the way 8 is setup it will inherently be faster than 7, I was just reading that the other day.

AMD claims that the real performance of bulldozer can only be experienced in Windows 8.

I think it was either Maximum PCs latest issue or CPU Magazine, though I'm not sure.

All I know is that Windows 8 might end up being like Wndows Vista when it first came out, I'll be with 7 for the long haul unless they make the option to switch off Metro and give me my classic Windows feel! mad.gif

Signed.

Windows 8 looks great, but, I'll stick with 7 until my B-day or X-mas when my sister gets it for me. Then it'll be on a little drive that I never really use until I get a 42" touch screen.... That may take awhile.