"Desktops will be irrelevant in 3 years."

Sometimes predicted trends never materialize because of the human factor. People just like desktops for whatever reason. I know lots of computer savvy people who just don't like laptops/netbooks/mobile devices.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. That's why no one invests in stocks.

-_-

Investing money in the profit/loss of a company is not the same as an individual predicting something with no neg/pos action from the results.

If one person could properly predict what stocks were going to be, everybody would make an appt to see him with everything they could scrounge up.

you've never heard of someone losing it all? -sigh- reminds me of homer when he imagined what stock ownership was

Investing money in the profit/loss of a company is not the same as an individual predicting something with no neg/pos action from the results.

If one person could properly predict what stocks were going to be, everybody would make an appt to see him with everything they could scrounge up.

you've never heard of someone losing it all? -sigh- reminds me of homer when he imagined what stock ownership was

Or a different perspective among similar taste...

In Futurama when Planet Express was bought by Mom's Delivery Service and Fry was the co-owner with 50 percent shares and kept talking about integrity in the company, making the stocks lose value.

People just like desktops for whatever reason. I know lots of computer savvy people who just don't like laptops/netbooks/mobile devices.

Computer savvy people, yes, but that is far from the majority ;)

In some parts of the world, the desktop has become obsolete amongst the majority, such as in many asian countries, like Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan. Most people in these countries use their mobile phones, mobile devices, notebooks, and smart phones to connect and surf the net and do basic things. Most people who do game go to gaming cafe shops and pay something like $1USD/hour to play a wide selection of PC games (Pretty much any game you can think of.).

You guys are all looking at his comment in the wrong context. His ultimate mad plan is to get rid of all the desks in the world in 3 years, thus making desktops irrelevant! Bwa-hahahaha!

You guys are all looking at his comment in the wrong context. His ultimate mad plan is to get rid of all the desks in the world in 3 years, thus making desktops irrelevant! Bwa-hahahaha!

^ that is clearly impossible in my opinion.. Besides there will always be a need for desktops be it for games or for work.. There's no way a laptop fully replace a desktop..

^ that is clearly impossible in my opinion.. Besides there will always be a need for desktops be it for games or for work.. There's no way a laptop fully replace a desktop..

I said Desks, not Desktops! If he gets rid of Desks... there can no longer be Desktops, thus making them irrelevant! They'd just be Tops.

~Sigh, my humor = fail. :(

I... agree with the Google guy!

Let me hook my laptop to a 1080p (or above) screen wirelessly and that solves the monitor issue.

Performance? Meh, in 3 years we'll have octocore laptops with plenty of graphics power and with stuff like NVIDIA's Optimus, battery life will still be good on the go.

The desktop isn't going anywhere in just three years, but computer sales show that portable computers are the way of the future... desktop sales are constantly declining compared to notebooks.

@People laughing at his claims: We'll see in a few years from now, but I'm sure he isn't far from the truth! Pretty much everyone I know has a laptop and lots of them do not have a desktop (or if they do it's just a crappy one taking up space)

Agreed. 80% of the time my netbook is all I need.