System Spec:

Asus M5A97 R2 LE

Mushkin Blackline 1600 (8gigs)

Sapphire 7770

AMD Zambezi 4100

Xonar_DG 5.1

Kingwin 650 Semi-modular

Sitrep:

I just got a new Samsung 840 Evo to replace my WD Caviar Black, and decided to do a clean install of W7 on it. Yet, everytime I did, I kept getting the 0x8007045d error code. I tried doing the following steps

Shift + F10 on install start

Diskpart

List disk

Select Disk 0

Clean

Convert MBR

Exit

Exit

Also:

Shift +F10

List Disk

Select Disk 0

Clean

Convert MBR

Create Partition Primary size=10240

Active

Format Quick FS=NTFS label="Windows 7"

Exit

Exit

I then tried to use the Samsung Data Migration that came along with it. I got W7 running on the SSD, but Windows Explorere would crash every minute. Tried repairing W7 with the disc, but half the time it would try to fix the startup, and the other half it would say that the disc was incompatible with the version of windows I was running. I've also tried formatting the disc from my old HDD, but that doesn't work either. Are there any other solutions that could be available, or do I just return the thing and get a new one?

Are you using a Windows 7 installation DVD or installing from a USB drive?  My recommendation is that you create a bootable USB drive with the Windows 7 installation package on it.  Once you've done that you need to do the following;

1. Boot into BIOS and make sure that you are set to UEFI mode

Now you are going to delete all of the SSD partitions and enable GPT;

Connect your bootable Windows 7 USB drive

Restart
Press shift + F10

All of the following will be in command prompt;

run diskpart
list disk
select disk this will be easy as long as you don't have any other hard drives or optical drives connected - and at this point you shouldn't
clean

Restart

Connect your bootable Windows 7 USB drive
Restart
Press shift + F10
run diskpart
list disk
select disk this will be easy as long as you don't have any other hard drives or optical drives connected - and at this point you shouldn't

convert GPT

Notice that during the second sequence the command has changed from "clean" to "convert GPT"

At this point there isn't any reason to format the SSD because Windows 7 will format and align properly during installation routine.

Restart

Proceed with W7 installation

Unfortunately, I don't have any USBs large enough to contain W7 on it. I've elected to exchange the SSD for another in the hopes that that the newest one will allow a direct install from the disk. Although, if that doesn't work, I'll try using the USB suggestion. Thank you very much for the replies.

Unfortunately, I don't have any USBs large enough to contain W7 on it. I've elected to exchange the SSD for another in the hopes that that the newest one will allow a direct install from the disk. Although, if that doesn't work, I'll try using the USB suggestion. Thank you very much for the replies.

Not a problem, are you in the US? Maybe I could send a flash drive with windows 7 x64 installer all set up?

And you don't have another desktop or even a laptop you could try installing from and then transplanting it back to the intended desktop?

• Like 1

A 4/8GB USB drive is pretty cheap now-a-days. Get one for Win 7 installation purpose and it will help you in every sort of work interms of file transfer etc.