my bloody dilemma !

knightiran

Nooooo, which one have i ignored? I want to have a better cooling system.

And a pair of 970.

And also upgrading my750w psu to a 1000w platinum. Which one is bad ? :D

And would you please tell me, how many voltages a 970 need at max overclocking and max load?

Your 750w PSU is fine for either route, upgrading would be a waste of money for sure as you don't need more power than you already have.

Your CPU cooler is perfectly adequate (even if you decide to overclock modestly), upgrading would be a waste of money, in my opinion.

SLI 970 versus a 980 is up to you, but don't go upgrading other parts of your rig for no reason...

Nooooo, which one have i ignored? I want to have a better cooling system.

And a pair of 970.

And also upgrading my750w psu to a 1000w platinum. Which one is bad ? :D

And would you please tell me, how many voltages a 970 need at max overclocking and max load?

Is there a reason you chose the Enermax? Enermax PSUs are ok but usually grossly overpriced compared to better or equivalent quality units.

It may be better to overclock each 970 separately to find out the weaker link and then see if the pair can pull of those clocks. All cards are different so we sadly can't just tell you the best voltages to throw in

Your 750w PSU is fine for either route, upgrading would be a waste of money for sure as you don't need more power than you already have.

Your CPU cooler is perfectly adequate (even if you decide to overclock modestly), upgrading would be a waste of money, in my opinion.

SLI 970 versus a 980 is up to you, but don't go upgrading other parts of your rig for no reason...

+1 on the 750W being enough though, if this is the unit you're running now

+1 also on the cooler forgot to touch on that

Edited by IVIYTH0S

you're almost right about psu and cooler,but let me say :

i am looking from another aspect, in my country iran hardware is very expensive ! and a person who wants assemble a good rig, have to keep an eye on future also ( i don't know what you guys say this ), i mean for example, i cannot sell this rig maybe 2-3 years later and buy a whole new system ! because of extremely high costs ! and i have to assemble a sort of rig which could support me at least for 5 years ! so i chose a 1000w PSU because i want to close the PSU case and being relax ! (you know, maybe sometime 750w reach it's limit and couldn't spport !).and a better cooler, is it bad if CPU works in a better condition ?! for it's lifespan ?

i believe it's better to be onstep forward.it's why i decided to change PSU and cooler.

and also ! let me say, i have used your advices so much ! buying a better PSU and cooler is just my opinion.

thanks again.

you're almost right about psu and cooler,but let me say :

i am looking from another aspect, in my country iran hardware is very expensive ! and a person who wants assemble a good rig, have to keep an eye on future also ( i don't know what you guys say this ), i mean for example, i cannot sell this rig maybe 2-3 years later and buy a whole new system ! because of extremely high costs ! and i have to assemble a sort of rig which could support me at least for 5 years ! so i chose a 1000w PSU because i want to close the PSU case and being relax ! (you know, maybe sometime 750w reach it's limit and couldn't spport !).and a better cooler, is it bad if CPU works in a better condition ?! for it's lifespan ?

i believe it's better to be onstep forward.it's why i decided to change PSU and cooler.

and also ! let me say, i have used your advices so much ! buying a better PSU and cooler is just my opinion.

thanks again.

But it's all relative, you're spending more now or later...all you really "need" is the two 970s (which by the way, what is the resolution you're running that requires two 970s??), which obviously if you can afford...then well you're not that poor, or else I'd be getting one instead of sticking with a 7970/280x to handle my 2560x1600 monitor

How old's the PSU, and I assure you that the if you're cooling the CPU any better than the stock cooler can (which you are) than you're already techinically already increasing the lifespan of the CPU.