r9 290 advice

jdm_freek

so i found an sapphire r9 290 on cl for $200

seller say it was from a mining rig but never abused and i  can benchmark card to verify its in good working order

my question is how leery should i be of the fact it is from a mining rig

i usually go with my gut because if its to good to be to it usually is   

Depends on how he was mining. I was mining for a while, but everything was watercooled. However, most miners don't, and the GPU temps are usually 90C or higher 24/7. My 110Hz gaming rig has two watercooled R9 290X's, which I mined since I've had them when I wasn't playing games, are still going strong.

The good thing is, depending on the manufacturer, the R9 290 probably still has warranty.

Mining is literally abuse lol, slightly less so in the case of watercooled cards but still... maybe ask the owner when they bought it and how much warranty is left

Some say overclocking is abuse. It's all a different matter of opinion and scope. Most miners who know what they're doing is running everything undervolted, anyway. Most overclockers, however, increase voltage. Just sayin'. :)

Mining is literally abuse lol, slightly less so in the case of watercooled cards but still... maybe ask the owner when they bought it and how much warranty is left

Some say overclocking is abuse. It's all a different matter of opinion and scope. Most miners who know what they're doing is running everything undervolted, anyway. Most overclockers, however, increase voltage. Just sayin'. :)

Well yeah but I have a feeling many miners just set and forget sadly...I know what you're saying, just seems like if he's willing to let go such a powerhouse for such a price then he's not too confident in its condition me thinks