The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

Thank god, maybe it won't be a glitchy mess like Oblivion and Fallout. I really like both games but crashing randomly sucks.

Hmm sounds strange.. Oblivion looks nice for the year it was made and It never crashed to be except one time I pressed ALT + TAB and I couldnt return anymore.

Fallout looks extremely great! Both outside and Inside houses and It runs very somooth and never crashed.

Maybe its all about drivers

Hmm sounds strange.. Oblivion looks nice for the year it was made and It never crashed to be except one time I pressed ALT + TAB and I couldnt return anymore.

Fallout looks extremely great! Both outside and Inside houses and It runs very somooth and never crashed.

Maybe its all about drivers

ya never had any crashes from either from anything I didn't cause myself.

Not to mention if you throw a texture pack on oblivion it's up there with the best of em, same with Fallout, despite that ancient (but great) engine

the thing i hope they implement from FO3 / NV into TES:V is the you choose how your skill points are allocated. i didn't like the way it worked in Oblivion that if you have only been using swords between lvl a & b you could only put points into strength or whatever it was but none into agility etc. i like fallout's i put points into skills into what I want to level up. regardless of the fact i might not use that skill for a little while.

Favourite thing from oblision was the dark brotherhood quests and the associated perks from that.

the thing i hope they implement from FO3 / NV into TES:V is the you choose how your skill points are allocated. i didn't like the way it worked in Oblivion that if you have only been using swords between lvl a & b you could only put points into strength or whatever it was but none into agility etc. i like fallout's i put points into skills into what I want to level up. regardless of the fact i might not use that skill for a little while.

Favourite thing from oblision was the dark brotherhood quests and the associated perks from that.

nah man oblivion's leveling made the most sense, whatever you do...you get better at. I wish running around the wasteland actually made me stronger like in Oblivion, otherwise fast travel is far more appetizing

Besides the fact that I didn't think Oblivion was as immersive as Morrowind was, the only real issue I had with it was the ridiculously hilly landscape. There were like zero flat locales, like a prarie or something, everything was forest and hills...

Morrowind had such a diverse atmosphere and imo kept the game interesting and immersive, wheras Oblivion it was pretty much the same wherever you went, except for the cities' architecture. In Morrowind, on that single (rather large) island, you had swamps, wastelands, grasslands, mountainous regions, island-ous regions, and with the Bloodmon expansion you were given a snowy region....

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure whether or not to keep this thread bumped as the unofficial TES V thread or to start a new one but heres some news out of bethesda regarding the level scaling in TES V Skyrim link

Since people are asking, wanted to briefly touch on level scaling. All our games have had some amount of randomness/leveling based on player level. Skyrim's is similar to Fallout 3's, not Oblivion's

I've heard of people complaining about the scaling in oblivion but i dont actually remember much if any scaling in FO3 or New Vegas. am i right in saying that the scaling in FO3 was at lower levels you'd see things like super mutants and young deathclaws, but at higher levels they'd be replaced enemies like super mutant brutes / masters and deathclaws (without the young prefix)

Yeah, in Fallout 3 you'd run into super mutants at first. Then around level 10 or 12, you'd start to see super mutant brutes. Then once you got close to level 20, you'd see super mutant masters. Fallout 3 didn't have a variety of deathclaws, it was just deathclaws. Fallout: New Vegas introduced young deathclaws, deathclaws, deathclaw mothers/queens, alpha males, and even that legendary one that only appeared in one spot.

It will be nice to have TES V with a proper level scaling, not like Oblivion where as you leveled everything else did. So you'd run into a basic bandit wearing glass armor or a mercenary in full daedric. Kind of odd to see something supposedly low level wearing the same armor or some cases better than what you had.

more new TESV info. list is taken from destructoid who summarised the info of game informer, plus game informer has some screens

* Set 200 years after Oblivion, in a snow realm north of Cyrodil called Skyrim. Set during a civil war, possibly between two brothers who will accidentally cause the world-destroying dragon Alduin to be born.

* Player is a Dragonborne, able to slay dragons and trained by the last living Blade.

* Ten races to choose from, players can edit bodies as well as faces.

* Combat more dynamic with finishing moves, unique weapon attacks and the ability to forge your own from red hot metal. Dual wielding a possibility.

* 18 skills to choose from, as well as Fallout-esque Perks

* NPCs more dynamic. They will move around as they talk to you, rather than have the camera zoom in for a headshot. If you drop items, they will react to them -- for instance, a helpful child might try to pick up a dropped sword and return it to you, or two men could fight over your discarded loot.

* Quests can be randomly generated and are tailored to suit your style of play. The game judges your strengths and weaknesses by logging your data, and will give your appropriate challenges.

* Five "massive" cities that you can do many things in, such as smithing, farming, mining, woodcutting and cooking. Killing a shopkeep could lead to someone else taking the store over now, and Dragons may possibly launch attacks on towns.

* Five magic schools: Destruction, Alteration, Conjuration, Restoration and Illusion.

* The engine is entirely new, with dynamic snow and shadows, detailed trees, and water that flows differently depending on how the wind is blowing.

* Confirmed enemies are zombies, skeletons, trolls, giants, ice wraiths, giant spiders, dragons, wolves, horses Elk, mammoth and saber-toothed cats.

* Third person view has been improved.

* Players can now sprint at the cost of stamina.

* BEARDS CONFIRMED! YOU CAN HAVE BEARDS!

the destructoid summary missed the fact that you can’t choose your class at the start of the game, rather it is determined by the skills you select at the start.

i also bolded child because i skimmed over it intially. but there is now children npcs. IIRC FO3 & NV had children NPCs but there were none in previous TES games

Other notes

- Mysticism has been removed.

- Enchanting is now a skill.