Looking for a small case for college

I'm looking to moving into the dorms but I do not want to rid myself of my desktop. Maybe I could get a Cooler Master Elite 130 case to fit my stuff? I'm pretty new to small case. I think the deciding factor would be my ATX motherboard, hyper 212 cooler, and r9 290. Maybe you guys would have some recommendations? 

If it's full blown ATX, there's probably not a whole lot you can do. If you wanted to really scale down then you could look into microATX or even microITX though your graphics cards would then be limited...

That's an E-ATX 7-slot case,.. still not knowing what motherboard you have, or if your using all 7 slots,.. it's hard to recommend a smaller or the smallest case you can run with,.. but generally unless you have an E-ATX board you can certainly find a much smaller mid-tower case. 

Edited by Braegnok

That's an E-ATX 7-slot case,.. still not knowing what motherboard you have, or if your using all 7 slots,.. it's hard to recommend a smaller or the smallest case you can run with,.. but generally unless you have an E-ATX board you can certainly find a much smaller mid-tower case.

I was thinking that too but likely the 290 would then be the conflicting component due to length

That's an E-ATX 7-slot case,.. still not knowing what motherboard you have, or if your using all 7 slots,.. it's hard to recommend a smaller or the smallest case you can run with,.. but generally unless you have an E-ATX board you can certainly find a much smaller mid-tower case.

I was thinking that too but likely the 290 would then be the conflicting component due to length

You would be surprised what you can fit a R9 290 in these days. 

With a Core i5 2500 I'm guessing you have a standard ATX board, That is going to ultimately limit your choices to a mid tower. Most of the smaller builds will mean you have to change to an MATX board to shrink the case size any further.   

You would be surprised what you can fit a R9 290 in these days. 

With a Core i5 2500 I'm guessing you have a standard ATX board, That is going to ultimately limit your choices to a mid tower. Most of the smaller builds will mean you have to change to an MATX board to shrink the case size any further.   

Okay thank you!

• 1 month later...