Tesoro Durandal Ultimate G1NL Mechanical Keyboard Review

bp9801

mechanical keyboards in general because I type waaaay too loudly. :lol:

I bought a pack of rubber o-rings to dampen the sound. It's still much louder than a membrane keyboard but not as loud without them :D This mod would only work if you key down type like I do. Won't make a difference if you touch type though.

I think they are $14 on WASD and McMastercarr is pretty close in price as well. Although its a hell of a lot easier to order things on WASD than McMastercarr haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFkl1Vet1eU

Edited by AZNguyen

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a pack of rubber o-rings to dampen the sound. It's still much louder than a membrane keyboard but not as loud without them :D This mod would only work if you key down type like I do. Won't make a difference if you touch type though.

I think they are $14 on WASD and McMastercarr is pretty close in price as well. Although its a hell of a lot easier to order things on WASD than McMastercarr haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFkl1Vet1eU

Damn! That's a huge difference!!!

Hey blue how many of the different mech key types have you tried and which would you say comes closesest to the feel of your lycosa.

Currently considering a ducky shine with cherry reds

Hey Stoner -- I'd have to agree with Waco on the fact that no mechanical will "feel" like the lycosa. Personally, with all the keyboards I've gotten, I've only expereience Cherry MX reds and browns.

Browns are supposed to be the softer ones blah blah...but I still prefer the reds. They aren't very effort-ful, they aren't too obnoxiously loud unless you type like Waco...

The up down response of the key is awesome and they are "tight" enough feeling that you don't generally have that loose key feel nor that loose key chatter.

However, I've only really had 5 different mechs and 3 of those were reds -- perhaps little bias. I still go back to my lycosa on occation just for some quiet. :D

Waco Blue thanks I am definately going to try and attempt to get a red and brown beside each other some point.

Blue well I will never ever use it, designed to be load what the hell haha :lol: and the black and clear are too much like hard work to just type.

Gotta see if I prefer brown or red if I even like them at all.

Then AZN I must say thanks a pack of 40A o-rings will go down damn nice and they ship to aus damn cheap too :D

• 4 months later...

I just got this keyboard after a great deal. I understand the uneven backlighting for the F keys, because the other icons are below it. If you look at the ~ thru + keys, the symbols are in the same row as the numbers (which I don't like). Since they share the same backlight, it's even, whereas the F keys aren't. I don't mind, the backlighting is pretty good.

I prefer the USB location over my DAS, but that's hardly a deal breaker on the DAS. They typing on it is a little hollower than the same MX Browns of the DAS, making it feel like a MX Red than a MX Brown. Overall, I like typing on the DAS a bit better. You're giving up a little of the button feel over other mechanical keyboards out there, but this definitely has a better aesthetic, and not having to worry about the key prints wearing out over time.

I guess I'm still in search of the best mechanical keyboard, but this is still a good keyboard.

Edited by El_Capitan