Diablo 3

tkrow21

Yep... I'm looking forward to Diablo 3 in 2017. :D

This.

Honestly can't wait for D3 to come out though, D2 was an amazing game and I cant even begin to imagine how much time I actually spent playing that game!

It's not blizzard doing diablo! It's blizzard north, a totally different studio.

Since they didn't talk about it at blizzcon it wont happen until the next one!

Being at blizzcon my self, I can tell you that they did talk extensively about it.

Also Blizzard North no longer exists. They closed shop a while back, and many people left to other studios, or joined blizzard.

This.

Honestly can't wait for D3 to come out though, D2 was an amazing game and I cant even begin to imagine how much time I actually spent playing that game!

I can honestly say over 300 hours. I still play it on my Macbook. The only other game I logged more time was MW2 followed by DAO. D2 just never gets old. I can't think of another game that has stood up over time like D2.

I can honestly say over 300 hours. I still play it on my Macbook. The only other game I logged more time was MW2 followed by DAO. D2 just never gets old. I can't think of another game that has stood up over time like D2.

300? That's all?

I've probably got over 1000 hours invested in it. Which is exactly why I will never touch it again, or else that number would probably double. :lol:

300? That's all?

I've probably got over 1000 hours invested in it. Which is exactly why I will never touch it again, or else that number would probably double. :lol:

I've got pretty much at least 500 hours into DII and I never played online, I always just played SP and tried out a whole bunch of combinations.

Must have missed the news, sorry... All i heard was that blizzcon only talked about SC2, and since Blizzard North did the earlier games i extrapolated. How can they close up shop though? D2 must be one of the best selling games ever?

Must have missed the news, sorry... All i heard was that blizzcon only talked about SC2, and since Blizzard North did the earlier games i extrapolated. How can they close up shop though? D2 must be one of the best selling games ever?

Basically the management was all like "you guys suck at making games!" Blizzard's response was "My bad, we'll get rid of the sucky guys right away!" and thus, Blizzard makes World of Warcraft... something like that anyway. Here's the Wikipedia article for a more realistic and in depth story. Article

Basically the management was all like "you guys suck at making games!" Blizzard's response was "My bad, we'll get rid of the sucky guys right away!" and thus, Blizzard makes World of Warcraft

well put. worst part is that many companies become like that out of nothing. first there's nothing, and the suddenly poof crappy games everywhere. I think that d3 will be playable, but it will probably be missing a little something to give it that extra 'diablo' feel.

Edited by sack_patrol

Diablo, Red Alert, and Math Blaster were the foundation PC games that I started with roughly 1996-1997, about 7-8 years old :D

Then moved onto Counter Strike, Starcraft, Starcraft Brood War, Tribes, and etc. Pretty much hit some pretty big names back then. I've been a gamer for a long time :D

Xfire has logged 392 hours for Diablo 2: LOD, but I'm pretty sure it was more than that since I didn't always use Xfire.

The first playthrough I did it like anyone normal would do. Then I started getting into Open Battle.Net and creating items to duel with people online. Just a crap load of aura damage, instant death to anyone who went hostile and walked outside. Then I moved onto Closed Battle.Net, playing with legit items this time around.

I did everything to skip many unneeded steps to get to Hell Difficult and Max Level. Trist runs, Andy runs, Tomb runs, Diablo runs, Baal runs, and Uber Trist runs. I originally I focused on just making a PvE Hammerdin, which was pretty successful with full combat gcs.

Then I started to experiment with PvP all in all I had at one time: Charger, Zealer, Smiter, Hammerdin, Summon Necro (My Best PvPer), Fire Sorc, Lite Sorc (My Best PvPer), Frost Sorc, WW Sin, WW/Trap Sin (Most fun PvPer), and Ele Druid (My Best PvPer).

I still got one pretty rare uber item, Armageddon's Fletch Amulet, this thing is worth a leg and an arm. However everyone is scared to trade me for it, since its that rare people are afraid its too good to be true. But as far as I know its pretty legit, never have to trade exit and I can drop it on the ground leave and pick it back up without issues.

Through my lifespan in Diablo 2: LoD, my account was hacked once. Which at the time was full of free loot I got from quitting players. Very expensive stuff, however the hacker was banned by Blizzard :D Didn't get my stuff back though.

Don't know if anyone goes to Gamestop but they have the release date at 11/13/11. They also had a date in 2010, 2009, 2008, etc. So I wouldn't trust that. I still play D2. Got my name from it when I first started way back when I was 4' tall (I don't remember my age) on an old Dell Dimension 3000. That was a long time ago.

i musta beat D1 and 2 hundreds of times since you can join peoples games you just keep starting over. i stopped because A) newer games came out (COD2) B) I was playing on nightmare and died in hell, i wasn't about to start over from scratch. can't wait for D3

Edited by hornybluecow