Evil's Rig, Antec 900

EvilGeniusJr

If you are going to only use a couple of drives you can use some anti vibration suspension kits and mount them below the cages. This will allow you to flip the drives and have no cables showing. When I did my 900 I ditched the HDD cages all together and made a few brackets to hold the fans in place. Looks good so far though!

it looks pretty damn good to me too !! it sounds like it's all serviceable and working for ya,....good to go !

If you are going to only use a couple of drives you can use some anti vibration suspension kits and mount them below the cages. This will allow you to flip the drives and have no cables showing. When I did my 900 I ditched the HDD cages all together and made a few brackets to hold the fans in place. Looks good so far though!

it looks pretty damn good to me too !! it sounds like it's all serviceable and working for ya,....good to go !

Yeah and the more I think back, when I did it that way I actually had used the plastic part of the cages still. It wasn't till I decided to mount a radiator in the front that I made the brackets. The 900 is definitely one of my all time favorite cases, although one of the toughest I have ever modded. Thats why I get all giddy when I see a new post about one being modded lol. :D

Yeah and the more I think back, when I did it that way I actually had used the plastic part of the cages still. It wasn't till I decided to mount a radiator in the front that I made the brackets. The 900 is definitely one of my all time favorite cases, although one of the toughest I have ever modded. Thats why I get all giddy when I see a new post about one being modded lol. :D

Lol, 

I was considering mounting a 240mm rad up front. How hard was it?

It sucked lol! I did it twice because for some reason I thought it woud be better to have the entry and exit at the top when I took it apart for a cleaning. It wasn't, it was much easier to mount the radiator and to route the hoses with the entry and exit at the bottom. It also flowed better that way because there was no "T" to slow things down. Mounting it with the entry and exit at the bottom free's up more room for hard drives also because it will allow you to drop the radiator below the one inch lip in the front. Here is a pic of the second time I did it. I will see if I can dig up some pics from the first time.

post-32178-0-42163500-1361152787_thumb.jpg

i don't know about the 900 but my 1200 was a pita when i put in the h100,...i had to custom drill and mount in the top right up next to the upper exhaust fan to get proper air flow and fitment,... the 1200 wasn't designed with corsair in mind AT ALL !

DSCF0428.JPGDSCF0432.JPG